Virtually the conversations get stored over the WeChat cloud and not on your phone memory or another SD card. And WeChat doesn’t have any function like recycle bin that might store the data for some time before it gets permanently deleted. By this, we mean, that if there is no backup there is a high possibility that the data has gone forever.
Similar to WhatsApp, the data recovery for WeChat also had appeared as more users demanded the feature. The data recovery software for WeChat is critical software that you need to have for making sure your chat history can be retrieved whenever one needs it.
For iPhone and Android users one can also select varied recovery tools if you need to undo the deleted messages on WeChat as well. Here we shall take a look at some of the useful ways by which you can get the messages that you deleted on the application
Recover Old and Deleted WeChat Messages
Here in this article, we will be showing you two methods that you can use to recover your old and deleted WeChat messages.
Kindly follow any of the steps below.
1. Retrieve Deleted Messages Locally for WeChat with Dr.Fone
If you are in search of a solution with just one click. Dr.fone can be one of the best solutions to go for. It is perfect for iPhone users and has been around for a decade now and has managed to gain a reputation with quality services for its users. You can get the deleted files and messages in a simple process. Keep in mind that this method is going to work only if you had already made your backup with the tool over PC.
Here is a step by step guide to get all of your deleted messages:
- Connect the iPhone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Now launch the Dr.Fone tool on your computer.
- Select the option of WhatsApp transfer choice from the home screen and now select WeChat.
- Click on Restore and then click over the specific backup file present in your list.
- You will be able to see all of the backup files and messages for WeChat. You have to now select the one that you needed and tap on ‘Export to PC’. This will get the WeChat history on PC. Alternatively, you can also try and tap on ‘restore on Device’. This will get all of the deleted messages on your iPhone.
2. Get Deleted Messages of Wechat by using iCloud
If you were able to make a backup with iCloud, then you can easily get all of the deleted Wechat message histories. But remember that restore for iCloud needs you to first delete all of the data from the iPhone and this is why we don’t prefer this method much. Deleting all of the data files just to get back the one from a single application can be too time-consuming. Here are the steps to follow if you still want to go ahead with this method:
- As you have made the backup already, just log in to the iCloud account.
- Now select messages or chat history that you need to restore, and click on the ‘restore’ option.
- Wait for some time now, while the process of recovery gets completed.