The Square app is available on Android devices and compatible with Apple iOS. At the moment of writing, Blackberry, Windows, and Amazon Fire devices are not yet supported by Square app.
The fastest way to locate and download the Square app (Point of Sale) is to visit squareup.com/app on your device’s web browser or visit the Android Google Play, Apple App Store, or Amazon Appstore.
Before you downloading, please ensure you have got all the information needed to get you started with Square app and also ensure that your device’s software is up to date.
Note: The Square app is free, but you may need to set up billing info with Google, Apple, or Amazon in order to download apps from their stores.
How to download the Square App on iOS Devices
- Tap on the App Store icon on your iPad, iPhone or iPod.
- Tap on the search icon (magnifying glass) in the navigation bar
- Next, type in and search for Square Point of Sale.
- Tap on “Get” which is next to the Square app icon
- Tap on “Install”
- Use your Touch ID or type in your Apple ID password.
- Once Square app is downloaded, tap “Open” or tap the Square app icon in your Home Screen or app drawer to open it.
How to download the Square app on any Android Device
- Open up your phone and tap on the Google Play icon on your device.
- Tap on the search field or icon (magnifying glass)
- Search for “Square Point of Sale”
- Tap the search result Square Point of Sale
- Click on “Install” and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the download.
- Tap on “Open” or locate the Square app icon on your home screen and click on it to open
How to download the Square app via Amazon Appstore
- Open up your phone and tap on the Amazon Appstore icon on your device.
- Tap the icon that looks like a magnifying glass
- Search for “Square Point of Sale”.
- Tap on the search result “Square Point of Sale”
- Tap on “Get” and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the download.
Note: While you’re able to get the Square app from the Amazon Appstore, the Square app is not supported on Amazon devices such as Kindle or Fire.
If you’re unable to download or get the square app on your Android device, you may just need to get your device software updated or it may just be that is not supported at this time.
Once you’ve downloaded the application successfully, you can now sign in to send an invoice or accept payment.
To access new features and experience the best performance from Square, you will have to regularly update to the latest version
Also Read >>>> Facebook Business Manager | How to Set up Facebook Business Manager