Outlook Email is a personal information manager that encompasses all your email, calendar events, and files together, and gives you everything you need you to be more connected and productive, be it at home, on the go and everywhere else.
Outlook Email Features
There are some unique features on Outlook Email. These include;
- Swipe gestures which archives and deletes messages
- Option for pinning important messages to the top of your inbox
- A focused inbox for important emails
- Text-formatting features to personalize your outgoing emails.
- Travel itineraries and flight schedules are added from emails to your calendar.
- It also attaches files from Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and Box
- Edit Office files right in your inbox.
- Schedule messages to return to your inbox at a specialized time.
Outlook Email Benefits
- Connect, organize and get things done with the free Outlook email and calendar.
- Brings all your email, calendar events, and files within reach so you can plan meetings with coworkers or share availabilities with friends in seconds.
- Supports Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, etc.
- Focus on the right moment with seamless integrations, travel, and delivery action cards as well as focused inbox which automatically sorts what’s important to you.
- Go further and get more done with Office 365, as well as stay protected against online threats.
Outlook Email Cost
Microsoft charges $19.95 per year for the service until the end of March, after which it reverts to the regular $49.99 per year pricing.
How to Create Outlook Email Account
- Open a web browser. Scroll to the Outlook.com sign-up screen, and choose “Create Free Account”.
- Type in a Username
- Choose the drop-down arrow at the far right of the username field to enable you change the domain from the default Outlook.com to hotmail.com if a Hotmail address is what you want. Thereafter tap “Next”.
- Type in and then retype a password, and select “Next”.
- Fill out your first and last name in the appropriate fields, and choose “Next”.
- Select your country/region, fill out your birthdate, and chose “Next”.
- Key in the characters from the CAPTCHA image, and choose “Next”.
- Your account will be set up by Outlook and a welcome screen will be displayed.
- Once you are done with the aforementioned steps, you can now open your new Outlook Email account on the Web or set it up for access in email programs on computers and mobile devices.
How to Access Outlook Email
To access it, do the following;
- Visit the Outlook.com sign-in page and choose Sign in.
- Key in your email address or phone number and choose “Next”
- On the next page, key in your password and choose “Sign In”.
You can check the “Keep me signed in” box if you want to navigate straight to Outlook.com next. (This is not recommended for shared computers).
How to Access Outlook Email On The Web
- Visit the Office 365 sign-in page or to Outlook.com
- Next type in the email address and password for your account
- Choose “Sign In”.
How to Identify Your Outlook Email Address
If you want to identify your Outlook email address which you may have gotten from Hotmail, Live Mail, or Outlook.com;
- Tap on “New Email” to start a new email.
- Locate the email address listed next to form.
- Tap “Form” to see all addresses configured for sending and change the sending address for the current email.
Your email is ready.