How To Use Venmo Balance – Your Venmo balance is any money you have received from family or friends but you have never spent, sent, or transferred to your bank account. On the web, you can check your Venmo account balance by going to your account profile. You can see how much is in your Venmo account using the Venmo mobile app as well:
- First of sign in to your Venmo account using the mobile app.
- Go to the ‘you’ tab by selecting the single person icon.
- The balance in your Venmo account will appear at the top of your personal transaction feed.
If you have access to your account balance, you can use the money in your Venmo account to make several transactions such as sending money to friends.
You can also use Venmo at checkout on authorized merchant’s apps or mobile websites. Some merchants also allow purchases using Venmo QR code at their in-store checkout. Some Venmo users also have a Venmo debit card which can be used in the U.S for any transaction where Mastercard is accepted.
How To Determine If You Have Access To Your Venmo Account Balance?
If you are not sure whether your Venmo balance is available to you to fund payments, follow the steps below:
- From your Venmo account page.
- Go to the you tab by selecting the single person icon.
- Tap the setting gear in the top right corner.
- The tap on payments method.
- If you see a ‘Venmo Balance’ at the top of the screen, that means you have access to the feature.
Why Is There Less Money In My Venmo Account Balance Than I Expected?
There could be some reasons for this issue:
- If you have access to a Venmo account balance, you may have used some of your money for some payments.
- If your Venmo balance have a negative balance, some of the money might have been use to cover the negative balance.
- There is a chance that you might have transferred money to your bank account or debit card.
- If you have a Venmo master card, some of the money may have been used to cover your transactions.
Adding Money To Your Venmo Account Balance:
Venmo users that have been approved for a Venmo Mastercard debit card have the option to add money to their Venmo account from a verified bank account directly. If you haven’t already add a bank account to your Venmo profile and verify it.
You can add money to your Venmo account by the following steps:
- Open the Venmo app.
- Go to the ‘You’ tab by selecting the single person icon and tap on ‘Add or transfer’ at the top of your personal transaction feed.
Now, follow these steps to initiate your transfer:
- Enter the amount you’d like to transfer,* and tap “Done”
- Confirm the bank account you’d like to transfer money from, and tap “Next”
- Review the transfer information and estimated arrival date, and then tap “Add Money”. Once you do this, there is no way to cancel your transfer.
Remember: You don’t need to have money in your Venmo account to make payments to other Venmo users. You can fund payments to other Venmo users using a linked funding source.