How to Log Out Of Facebook App – The Facebook app is only available for mobile devices whose most operating system are Android and IOS. PCs and Computers get to Facebook through web browsers.
If you find the need to log out of your Facebook account on your Android or IOS device, follow the steps below.
Log Out of Facebook App – Android
Open the Facebook app on your device which by default you should be automatically signed in to.
- Tap on the hamburger menu at the top right corner.
- On the menu, scroll down and click on “Log Out”. Agree to the prompt to sign out thus returning you to Facebook’s login page on the Facebook app.
Log Out of Facebook App – IOS
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Locate the hamburger menu at the bottom of your screen, and then click on it.
- On the menu, scroll down and tap on “Log Out”. Adhere to Facebook’s prompt to sign you out at which you will be redirected to the login page on the Facebook app.
To log out of your accounts on the Facebook app on your device is pretty easy. But what if you’ve got your account logged in on several devices, some of which you can’t even remember?
This could be risky as your Facebook account could become compromised. Sometimes we might have no idea, all we notice are strange activities on our Facebook accounts and page.
There is a setting on Facebook which could help you with this. This setting will log you out of all devices or means through which you are logged in to your Facebook account.
Facebook App Log Out of all Devices Remotely
Take up a device you have access to preferably yours and let’s get to it.
It’s the same process for both OS, just that the hamburger menu is located differently.
- Open the Facebook app on your device and tap on the Hamburger menu. Android devices have theirs at the top right corner and for IOS devices, it’s at the bottom right corner.
- On the menu Scroll down and select “Settings & Privacy”.
- A sub-menu appears. Select “Settings” next.
- On the new page, scroll till you get to the “Security” tab then tap on “Security & Login”.
- The next page presents you with all devices that are logged in to your Facebook account. You could perform a mass log out or a single one by either;
- Scrolling down and clicking on “Log Out Of All Sessions”. OR
- Clicking on any device you wish to log out of and selecting “Log Out”.
Facebook App Log out of All Devices Remotely Using a Computer
There is no Facebook app for PC, so navigate to your web browser and type in www.facebook.com then sign in to your Facebook account.
- Hit the downward-facing arrow at the top right corner thereby expanding a menu.
- Select “Settings” on that menu.
- Next, choose “Security & Login” at the top left side of the new page.
- Just below the “Where did You Log In” tab, you would find all sessions or devices you are currently signed in to.
- Tap on any device or session and select “Log Out” to sign you out of that session. Since it’s a PC or Computer, you should scroll down and click on “Close All Sessions”.
Doing this will bar anyone from accessing your Facebook account via any device or session you’ve previously signed in to. In case you suspect or come across some strange events on your Facebook profile or page, this might mean you’ve been hacked.
Hence, before you sign in to your Facebook account on any device newly, change your Facebook account password.