How to Find out if Your PC Has Bluetooth – Fun fact, Bluetooth was named after a 10th century Scandinavian King, Harald Blatand Gormsson. Who was a Viking king that ruled the now called Denmark and Norway from the year 958 – 985. He accomplished so many things but his greatest was uniting Norway and Denmark.
Gormsson was known for his very prominent dark blue-grey dead tooth that earned him the nickname Blatand which literally translates to “Bluetooth” in Danish. Jim Kardash suggested the name by relating the Scandinavian king’s actions to unite Norway and Denmark to Bluetooth’s development and how it will affect PCs and mobile devices.
Leaving that topic for a day that soothes it, how do you find out if your PC has a Bluetooth connection?
How to Find out If your PC has Bluetooth – Windows.
- On your PC hit the windows logo button on the lower-left corner.
- Search for “Device Manager” by using the search bar and click on it to open it when found.
- Search for a “Bluetooth” tab which should be at the top of the new page. If you don’t find it, this means your PC does not have the Bluetooth connection.
How to Find Out If Your PC has Bluetooth – Mac
- Click on the button with the Apple logo in the top left corner.
- On the menu that appears, select “About This Mac”.
- Next, hit the “System Report” option at the bottom of the new windows that appears.
- On the next page, click on the “Hardware” tab to expand it.
- A sub-menu will appear in which you will find the “Bluetooth” option.
- Click on it and if it displays some texts about the Bluetooth information, your PC has a Bluetooth connection that functions.
How to Find Out If Your PC Has Bluetooth – Linux
- Double click on the Terminal app on your PC that looks like a black box with a white “>”.
- In the app, enter the Bluetooth search command; sudo Isusb Igrep Bluetooth then hit “Enter”.
- If prompted, enter your PC’s password.
- If your PC has Bluetooth capabilities, the next screen should display the name Bluetooth and its manufacturer.
What to do If Your PC Does Not Have Bluetooth
Do not get worried there are fixes to your PC not having Bluetooth and below is one of them. Get a Bluetooth USB dongle and connect it to one of the USB ports on your PC. A Bluetooth USB dongle is a USB based device that transmits and receives Bluetooth signals.
An installation process should start immediately you plug it in. You can then proceed to pair your Bluetooth device to your PC.