How to Create a Facebook Group – Basically, there is a group for every kind of people with different interests and aims on Facebook. Imagine having a room for Grandmoms older than 80. Facebook has groups that operate more like rooms filled with people with a common interest.
The concept of Facebook groups was to create somewhere for people to connect over anything they find interesting. it could be football, music, movies, foods, hobbies or maybe a person or a trend.
There are different kinds of Facebook groups that you could join to fit any interest of yours no matter how much they are. Although you can only join groups as a Facebook user and can’t join more than 6000 groups at a time.
Creating A Facebook Group
Not everyone wants to join a group and if you have the time and skills to create and develop your own group, why not create one? Creating a Facebook group seems a little bit strenuous but the main issue comes when building and creating awareness about it.
Groups are created for a purpose or aim, most times for businesses. When creating a group, one of the first things you want to consider is the reason for creating that group hence mapping out the kind of people you want in the group.
I created a Facebook group for my business recently using this easy steps I am about to share with you. Once you’ve got the Facebook group’s aim and purpose all figured out, setting it up won’t be that strenuous.
Also Interesting: Why I Can’t Create a Facebook Avatar
Steps to Set-Up a Facebook Group
I earlier mentioned that you must have a Facebook account to create a group on Facebook. Sign in to your Facebook account and follow the steps below to create a Facebook group;
- On your News Feed page, locate the Explore tab at the left-hand side.
- From the options, tap on “Groups”.
- Next, select “Create”> “Create Group”.
- On your News Feed page, tap on the Hamburger menu at the top right corner.
- Next page, select “Groups”.
- Tap on “Create”> “Create Group”.
Setting- Up Your Facebook Group
You’ve successfully navigated to where you’d start creating your Facebook group, it’s easy.
- Name your Group, preferably a name that is brief but enticing and literally carries information about the purpose of the group you are creating. For instance, if you are creating a group for your business, the group’s name should be very similar to that of your business.
- Invite people.
- Specify the kind of Group you are creating. Open groups are the most common, easy to find hence very interactive. Although anyone can find a closed group, you have to join before you can post or interact with the group. Then there is the Secret Group, exclusive to only members.
- Upload the Facebook group’s photo. Like its name, upload a picture that best defines its aim and objective.
- While Facebook has a limit on the number of groups a Facebook account can create, there is no restriction on the number of people that can be in a Facebook group. That you would have to do your self. Just below your Group’s photo, click on “More”> “Edit Group”> “Settings”.
In the Group’s settings, you can Invite people, Manage Your Group, Add a further description about your Group, Link your Group, Add a new admin, Change how you want people to join your group and so much more. When you are done, proceed to set-up your group’s first post and do make it a memorable one.