How to Close an Instagram Account – If there was a hall of fame for social media networks, guess Instagram will be in number 3 right after Facebook and Twitter. Instagram is one of the best social media platforms filled with so many people that just love making the platform look so colorful.
It’s not boring, doesn’t contain many texts, just videos, and pictures that are so beautiful that you’d find leaving the network interestingly hard. Therefore, I’d wonder why anyone would want to know how to close an Instagram account.
Not to discourage you, but do you know what closing or deleting your Instagram account is.
Closing Your Instagram Account – What Does It Mean?
Just as it implies, this means permanently deleting your Instagram account. You won’t be able to retrieve or recover your deleted Instagram account.
But if you insist on closing your Instagram account, why don’t you consider deactivating it. This works like temporarily closing or deleting your Instagram account.
You’d be away from Instagram for as long as you want and when you are ready to be back, all you need to do is to reactivate your Instagram account.
If that sounds better, follow the guide just below to deactivate your Instagram account.
Deactivate Your Instagram Account
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Tap on the Profile picture in the top right corner.
- Click on “Edit Profile” and then scroll down and select “Temporarily Disable My Account”.
- Tell Instagram why you’d like to disable your account and enter your account’s password to confirm it’s you.
- Tap on “Temporarily Disable My Account”.
Still Insist on Closing your Instagram account, the ho-to is just below. Before proceeding to delete your Instagram account, you could download your Instagram data.
Download My Instagram Data
- Navigate to your Instagram profile page.
- Click on the “Three Horizontal lines” at the top right corner.
- Look down and tap on “Settings”.
- On the next page, select “Security”. If you are accessing your Instagram account through the web, select “Privacy and Security” Instead.
- Next, select “Download Data” or “Request Download”.
- Enter an email address you’d like to receive a download link of the data you requested.
- Fill your Instagram account password and click on “Request Download”>“Done”.
Once the data is ready, you will be notified via the email address you filled.
Delete My Instagram Account Permanently.
While you can deactivate your Instagram account and download your Instagram data from the Instagram app, you can’t delete your Instagram account from the app.
- Visit Instagram ‘s “Delete Your Account Page” through your device’s web browser preferably Chrome.
- Tap on the drop-down menu next to “Why are You deleting your Account?”.
- Select your preferred option.
- Enter your Instagram account password.
- Tap on “Permanently Delete My Account”.
Well, that should be a goodbye to Instagram unless you decide to open another Instagram account.