How to Change Password In Outlook 365 – Passwords are the main features that keep our accounts on the web secure. Look at the amount of data and information of ourselves we have online and imagine if there was no form of security protecting those data and information.
Yes, it would be easier to access our accounts online, but it would also be disastrous. We have “Passwords” protecting our accounts online and yet there are news of hacking and data breaches.
What then happens when we do not have passwords or apparently our passwords are too weak to protect our accounts. This is why you need to know how to change your password in outlook 365.
This way, you are sure your Outlook account is constantly protected. This is very important because the Outlook 365 email account might be a business account.
Whichever way, most people always have their Outlook 365 emails filled with very sensitive information about their businesses or work.
Why Should I Changed My Outlook 365 Password
Constantly changing your password makes it harder for would-be hackers or unauthorized personnel to gain access to your Outlook email. This ensures your email account is well protected as this action will discourage anyone interested in your Outlook emails.
Another good reason to change your Outlook 365 password is if you think someone has gained unauthorized access to your account. Maybe you are seeing some actions on your Outlook account that you are not aware of or you received a “Password Reset Link” from Outlook.
Lastly, one of the many reasons why people would change their Outlook 365 password is because they forgot the passwords.
Change Passwords In Outlook 365
- Navigate to your Outlook mail.
- Open “Files” on your Outlook account top menu.
- Then select “Account Settings” and “Account Settings” again on the next menu.
- Select Email address whose password you would like to change.
- Tap on “Change”. Input your former password for verification.
- Type in your new password, confirm it and then tap on “Finish”.
Sometimes the process might be different. It might just be “File”> “Account Settings”> “Update Password”.
Forgot Password In Outlook 365
If you can’t remember your Outlook 365 password, you will have to reset it at Microsoft website. If it’s a personal Outlook 365 account, you can easily reset it by;
- Open your browser and type in https://account.live.com/password/reset.
- On the next page, type in the email address or mobile number, then tap on “Next”.
- Specify where you’d like to get a verification code. It can be another email associated with your Outlook 365 email or a mobile number.
- Once you get the Verification code, type it into the Verification box.
- Type in a new password, confirm it, and you are done.
Note: If you don’t recognize any of the contact information Microsoft offered to send the verification code to, select “I don’t have any of these”. Next, tap on “Recover Your Microsoft Account if you can’t Receive a Verification Code” and follow Microsoft’s prompt.
For Business Accounts;
This can be a little bit complicated because you’d need to contact the admin first and if you are the admin just visit the Microsoft password reset webpage. You would also need the Outlook 365 email username.
You Might Also Be Interested In
How to Change Signature In Outlook 365
How to See Saved Passwords On Chrome
Linkedln Business Page Login – How to Create It