Extensions In Chrome Mobile – When it comes to surfing the web, Chrome is one of the best options anyone has got. Not just on personal computers or desktops but also on mobile devices. Personally, it’s the most accepted and probably the best web browser I have come across.
Chrome extensions have always been very useful and until now only PC/desktop users could testify to that. Mobile devices haven’t really had the chance to experience what a Chrome browser will look like with different extensions added to it.
Chrome Extensions On PC
It’s quite easy to add a chrome extension to a PC or desktop. You could visit the Chrome store, use the search tab, and install any chosen extension to your chrome browser.
Furthermore, you could browse for the extension. Open the chrome browser, type in the extension’s name and click on the extension’s name search result.
Once you click on it, you will be directed to where you will be prompted to install the extension to your chrome browser.
Adding Chrome Extensions to Your Desktop Chrome From Your Mobile Device Browser
While you can’t access or install any extension on your android chrome browser via any of the steps I enlisted above, you could try a different trick. This trick involves adding a chrome extension to your desktop chrome browser via your mobile device.
This is how its done;
- Run the Chrome browser on your mobile device.
- Search for the extension you want to install.
- Tap on its results.
- Already on the page, click on the “Add to desktop” link and follow the page’s prompt to successfully complete this step.
- Next, open the Chrome browser on your desktop.
- Look to the top right corner and click on the “Yellow Exclamation” icon.
- Click on the message “Extension was added remotely”. Review the permissions the extension needs to operate and click on “Enable” if you are okay with it.
Now for the finale of this magical guide, how do you add an extension to your mobile device web browser?
Install Google Chrome Extensions On Mobile Browser
This guide is a little bit tricky because it doesn’t involve you using the chrome web browser. Since there is no way you could directly install an extension on any chrome browser on your mobile device, we’d be using a different web browser.
Skip step 1, 2 and 3 if you already have the Yandex or Kiwi web browser on your device.
- Open your device app store.
- Download and install the Yandex web browser or Kiwi web browser. Either of the two.
- Once it finishes installing, open it.
- From your newly installed web browser(s), visit the chrome store. On the search tab, type chrome.google.com/webstore.
- Locate the extension you wish to add to your browser. “Found it”, now proceed to add it to your browser by clicking on the “Add to Chrome” link.
To access the extensions you’ve installed, open the web browser, and click on the three horizontal dots at the top right corner. Scroll down till you find the extensions.
These steps might seem rather straightforward but there might be some hidden issues. Both browsers do not accept all kinds of extensions.
When I started using this trick, some of the extensions I tried installing to the browser did not work. When I click on them, they either pop up an error message or don’t come up at all.
Guess, that’s explains why you can’t really add an extension to your mobile device chrome browser.