Dropbox.com – Whether you are working alone or as a team, Dropbox is a place for all of your work. You can store and share your files, collaborate on projects, and bring your ideas to life.
Dropbox is designed for teams, workers, and businesses of any type and size.
At Dropbox, your data is secured and safe for later use. Dropbox helps protect your files from unauthorized users with the aid of several Dropbox tools.
It is a modern workspace designed to reduce busywork for its users so that they can pay attention and focus on other things that matter in their life.
Dropbox.com | Dropbox Features
With Dropbox, you can do the following;
- Keep everything you do organize without breaking your flow: Dropbox sets your files together in a central place and allows you to access the files anytime and anywhere. With Dropbox, your files are easy to find and are synchronized across all your devices.
- Collaborate on designs, presentations, and any type of file: Dropbox is designed for creative collaboration to share big and important files like PowerPoint, Photoshop, sketch, etc, with anyone and at any time.
- Create without chaos or Dropbox paper: Dropbox paper is your team’s place to bring ideas to real-life. Paper can hold everything from videos, images, and sounds.
- Connect all of your favorite apps with your files.
- Dropbox keeps your data safe thereby controlling who gets access to your files, deleting your data whenever you lose a device, and recovering the files you wish to. Dropbox saves a history of all deleted and previous versions of files. It also allows you to restore them back within 30days.
- Beautify your work with the Dropbox showcase: You can share your showcases with friends, partners, and clients and also keep track of who is seeing your files.
Dropbox.com is an online storage solution where you can get 2GBP of free storage that travels with you anywhere you have internet services. Before you can access Dropbox features you need to have a Dropbox account.
Dropbox is the home for all your files: When you add a file to your Dropbox account, you can access it anywhere Dropbox application is accepted.
Before you can register with Dropbox, you must make sure you download and install the Dropbox application on your device. The app is available on Android devices, smartphones, iOS, and desktop devices.
Download Dropbox App
Go to your device play or app store. To download and install Dropbox;
- Search for the app and then click on the app’s icon.
- After downloading, wait for the app to install itself on your device.
- Launch the app.
- Sign in or create an account.
Sign up with Dropbox.com
To create a Dropbox account;
- Go to Dropbox.com on your device browser.
- Click on Sign up button.
- Enter your personal details.
- Enter a unique password.
- ‘Re-enter the password to confirm.
- Click on “I agree” to agree to Dropbox terms and conditions.
- Then tap create an account bar. If you have already installed the application on your mobile device, you can create an account by launching the app and click on Sign up.
Securing your Dropbox account
In order to protect your files from unauthorized users, you must do the following to secure your account;
- Enables two-step verification—the two-step verification adds an extra level of security to your Dropbox account. When registering with Dropbox, you will be asked to enter a 6digit code sent to your email or a USB security key which is the open standard FIDO universal 2nd factor (u2f).
- Always monitor your account’s security—Dropbox has a security page where you can easily monitor third-party apps, active web sessions, linked devices that have access to your account if you ever notice anything, you can deny access to it.
- Choose a strong and unique password that is hard to guess and make sure it has not been used in any other websites.
How To Add files to your Dropbox account
Once you create a Dropbox account, you can add files to your account. Any file you add to your Dropbox account synchronizes across all devices that the app is installed to.
- Open Dropbox app on your mobile device.
- Tap the +icon
- Choose the file you want to add.
- Click on upload file.
Microsoft Office and Dropbox
Dropbox is connected to Microsoft office application which gives you access to office files that are stored in your Dropbox account and also enables you to make changes in the mobile office app. It helps to save those changes directly to your Dropbox.
When viewing Microsoft office file within the Dropbox mobile app, you will see an edit button that allows you to open your file directly in the Microsoft office application for editing.
Remember Dropbox.com is designed for both teams, workers and for both small and large businesses.