Send your files on the move with Filemail. it has a website named Filemail.com. Filemail.com is an online file-sharing website that allows individuals and businesses to send and receive large files.
The app makes it possible for each of its users to easily share and ‘recieve files from business partners, colleagues, and friends. The app has about 50,000 businesses and over 2 million daily and monthly users that send and receives files.
Benefits of Using Filemail
Filemail file sharing app is faster, smarter, integrates files, and boost productivity. Some other advanced benefits of Filemail are outlined below;
- It enables you to receive large files from customers directly to your own web page.
- Filemail allows its users to use the websites from builders to customize and add their own fields to the form.
- With Filemail, every one of your files can securely be uploaded to the website’s cloud server.
- Filemail App works on all platforms, websites, and web servers.
Security Mechanism of Sending and Downloading Files on Filemail.com
Security and privacy is the top priority of Filemail team. Its main servers are located in Norway. While it’s file servers are secured behind firewalls and updated on a frequent basis with main servers.
When sending files on Filemail app, you are advised to use the Filemail desktop.
What is a Filemail desktop??? – Filemail desktop is a small desktop app with more features than the web version of Filemail.com. The app does not support https/SSL but it uses another approach to ensure safe and secure sending of files to colleagues and business partners.
All files that are sent on Filemail are broken down into small chunks. Each chunk is compressed and a fingerprint is taken of the chunk. Finally, the chunk is sent to the files server.
The server receives the chunk and checks the fingerprint in other to determine if the chunk received is safe. If the fingerprint matches, then the chunk is decomposed and taken to its place alongside the other chunks that are sent.
When downloading a file or files sent by an individual or business via a Filemail account, the files are transferred using HTTP/SSL. This ensures the security of both uploading and downloading a file on Filemail.
Does Filemail.com Backup my Account Information??
A backup of the Filemail website and database is done daily. To secure every user account details, history, and other information.
However, it is important to note that the Filemail.com website has not experienced any loss of data ever since the site was launched. This is due to the website’s strict policies and terms of service agreement.
Sign up for Filemail.com account
Signing up for a Filemail.com account enables you to access advanced features of Filemail.com. This makes sending and receiving of files more interesting. Below is a step by step guide on how to create a Filemail account.
- Go to Filemail.com on your browser.
- Fill in your information on the page that appears: Your company name, first name, last name, email.
- Enter a unique password.
- Type in your billing information: VAT number, street address, post number/zip code, post address/city, country.
- Click on the Continue tab to go to the payment page.
- Choose your mode of payment – Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discovery. Corporate customers with more than 10 licenses may pay by bank transfer.
- Enter your payment details.
- View the details to make sure they are correct.
- Then click on pay.
Once you pay, you will be automatically logged into your Filemail.com account within some few minutes. You can start sending your files to your colleagues and friends. This can be achieved by using the extra exciting features of Filemail website.
Filemail.com upload ID
Every upload that is made using Filemail has a unique ID. This ID consists of 15 characters which are made up of algorithms and other input variables.
This ID allows the recipient of a file to download files that are sent to them. You can see the ID on the download page when downloading the file.
In conclusion, with Filemail, you can integrate your own website by using the sites’ uploader. You can also do this by placing the site’s download page on your own website. Furthermore, You can add a custom field for customizing Filemail.com to meet the very needs of your website.