Pinterest Sign Up, is what gets you in on the Pinterest platform, to pin pictures from your favorite activities daily. Signing up for Pinterest helps you represent your business on a visually-based platform, which currently generates over 400 million page views per month. This makes it an increasingly popular social network.
Pinterest Sign Up Benefits
- Signing up on Pinterest, gives your business increased awareness.
- Offers your business additional blog traffic.
- Gets you in on new leads.
- Ultimately increases your business sales.
These are but a few of the benefits you enjoy, as you sign up on the Pinterest platform.
How Pinterest Works
Pinterest, is an “invite only” application. You can get in, either by requesting an invitation, as you click on the red “Request an Invite” tab, at the top of the Pinterest website. From there, you’ll be prompted to key in an email address for the invitation to be sent.
Or, you can ask any of your friends, who already have a Pinterest account to email you an invitation.
Immediately you get your invitation, you are to click on the link you’ve been sent, and you’ll be prompted to log in with either Twitter or Facebook.
With this, Pinterest can find and suggest friends you can follow. You’ll also be prompted to create a Pinterest account name, Password, and associated email. Once, you take these steps, a Pinterest account image will be created from the profile image of either Twitter or Facebook, depending on your network of choice.
Pinterest Sign Up Steps
- Immediately you sign up, using either Twitter or Facebook, you’ll be given a visual grid of 28 topics, from which you’ll be required to choose your topics of interest. This is done to enable Pinterest to make possible suggestions, of who you should follow.
Choose some topics, and click on the blue “Follow People” tab at the bottom of the page. Some static, non-clickable images of people, (and their boards) that you are following will come up, depending on the selection of topics you just made.
- Next, you are to create boards. This is done by choosing from the default selection of pinboards (or Boards) offered to you. These include captions such as “Products I love”, “For the Home”, etc. You are also given the liberty to click on the “Add” button, at the rear of the screen, to add your own board with a custom name of your choice. These boards depict topics that you can “pin” pictures to.
Boards and Pins
Here, you can create as many, or few boards as you desire, and also edit the board titles you’ve created or deleted these boards altogether.
- Click the “Edit” tab at the bottom of your board to enable others to contribute to your boards. Thereafter, locate the option that reads “Who can pin”?
- Change the setting from “Just Me” to “Me + Contributors.
“Note, to add anyone as a contributor to your boards. You have to follow at least one board belonging to a Pinterest member.
- In the third step, you are to install the “Pin It” button and start pinning. To do this, you’ll be navigated to a page where you can install a bookmarklet, known as “Pin It” in your browser.
- The Pin It button, enables you simply click the button on any images on a website that you’d like to pin to one of your boards.
- Next, the Pinterest application will open. It will display a grid of thumbnails of all the images available on the website.
- Scroll your mouse over any image, tap on the “Pin This” tab, to pin the image to your board.
- A pop-up window will be displayed enabling you to choose the board you’d like to pin the image to. Thereby forming a drop-down menu of the boards you’ve created on Pinterest.
- Choose the appropriate Board. Give the image description (this is compulsory) and tap on the red “Pin It” tab.
- In the next pop up window that opens, your successful Pin will be confirmed. You’ll be provided with options to “See your Pin”, “Tweet your Pin” or “Share on Facebook”.
- Now that you’ve created some boards, and have pinned a bunch of images to them. You can now begin finding and connecting, sharing process of Pinterest with other members of Pinterest.
Pinterest is one of the best social media platforms for sharing one’s hobbies and also viewing other people’s hobbies. its pins and boards scheme makes it easier for any user to share media content with the Pinterest community and also other social media communities.
Now you’ve signed up for a Pinterest account, you can get to enjoy its unique features and it’s unique interface.