Instagram Ads gives you the chance to hyper-target your content to Instagram users. Instagram ads help you leverage on Facebook massive wealth of user details to advertise directly to their targeted audience and show you ads from businesses that are interesting and important to you.
Types of Instagram Ads
Instagram Ads are of 5 different categories. Any of the 5 can be chosen to better promote your business.
- Photo Ads
- Video Ads
- Carousel Ads
- Slideshow Ads
- Stories Ads
How Instagram Ads Work
Instagram Ads, can be launched so that they appear right in the news feed of the audiences you target, alongside normal Instagram posts. Like photo ads, video ads, slideshow ads, and carousel ads. Simply define your target audience, choose ad placements, and select a budget and schedule what works best for you and your business.
Instagram Ads Cost
The Average CPM (Cost per thousand views) on Instagram is $6.70.
How To Locate Instagram Ads
- Visit Ads Manager
- Navigate to the campaign name that carries the ad you’d like to see ad metrics for.
- Tap on “View Charts”
- You will see a section displayed at the top which includes Performance, Demographics, and Placement data.
- Tap on “Placement”. If you selected Instagram as a placement, you will see it listed.
Purchasing Instagram Ads
Those who are new to Instagram or Facebook advertising can use the following steps to purchase an ad.
- Create a Business Page & Profile. Note, you must have a Facebook page to effectively run ads and create a free Business Profile on Instagram.
- Set up Ad, by choosing your ad objective, target audience as well as ad format within Ads Manager.
- Set a definite budget
- Lastly, publish.
How to Create Instagram Ads
Link Your Instagram Account To Your Facebook Page
Here is the first step to creating Instagram ads. Simply link your Instagram account to your Facebook page. Here’s how to do it.
- Navigate to “Settings” on your Facebook page and click on “Instagram Ads”
- Thereafter, click on “Log In” and provide your Instagram login info. If you do not have an Instagram at this time, you have to create one at this point.
Create An Instagram Ad Campaign
Navigate to Ads Manager, and create your first campaign.
- Scroll Ads Manager, and tap on “Campaigns” button and then “+ Create” close to the top left corner of the screen.
- Thereafter, select your campaign objective. Note, that not all objectives are compatible with Instagram Stories Ads.
Create Your Instagram Ad Set
As the Ad Set Page opens, choose “Purchase” as the type of conversion you want to optimize for.
You are also free to add an Offer that will help drive more conversions on your ad.
Then, define who you want to view your ads, as well as your budget. Targeting options are available for Instagram ads as well as for Facebook ads.
If you have any Custom Audiences already created, you can opt from them for targeting with your Instagram ad at this point.
Then, choose your ad Placements. To get an option to run your campaign on Instagram, Facebook, and Messenger, Click on “Continue” at the rear right.
Get an option on the next screen, and your Instagram ad format will be displayed. Note, that Canvas format does not sync with Instagram. Once you’ve decided, scroll down to upload your images or videos.
Immediately your visuals have been uploaded, scroll down to the add text option on the left.
Then, to the right of the text editor, you can preview how your ad will be displayed on Instagram.
Tap on “Place Order”. If you are not comfortable with the way your ad looks, you can make changes.
Analyze and Optimize Your Instagram Ads
Start monitoring your ads once it starts running, to keep up with its performance and test ideas to find the most effective messaging, creative, and targeting within Ads Manager. Also, you can edit your Instagram ad to incorporate split testing, change the targeting parameters, as well as view analytics for the performances of your ads.
The importance and impact of Instagram Ads on any business cannot be overemphasized as it gets your product out to the right people who are interested in your product offering any day and any time.