As you create YouTube Channel, which is the Google-owned video network, you get access to over a billion user base, which is almost one-third of people on the internet. Every day billions of people all over the globe watch hundreds of millions of video on YouTube and generate billions of views.
How to Create YouTube Channel
After you’ve had an insight into what YouTube channel is all about and want to create a channel, follow the steps outlined below to create YouTube Channel.
Create YouTube Channel Using Your Goggle Account
- Visit YouTube & Login
Visit YouTube.com and tap on “Sign In” at the top right corner of the page. Next, login using the Google Account you’d like your channel to be linked with.
- Visit YouTube Settings
Then, at the top right corner of the screen, tap on your profile icon and then the “Settings” cog icon.
- Create a Channel
Beneath “Settings”, an option will be displayed to “Create a Channel”, tap on the link.
Then, you will have the option of creating a personal channel or creating a channel using a business or any other name. Let’s go with the business option.
Name your channel and choose a category. These are the channel options available;
- Product or Brand
- Company Institution or Organization
- Arts, Entertainment or Sports
You’ve just created your channel!!!!
A new Google+ page will also be created for your brand.
The next thing to do is to key in all the information and create some channel art to make your page look awesome.
Create a YouTube Channel Without a Google Account
If you don’t have a Google account already set up, you have to create one before you start on YouTube. Here’s how to do it;
- Visit YouTube.com
- Tap on the “Sign In” link
- Then choose the option to create a Google account.
- Proceed with the steps to create your Google account.
Once your Google account has been set up, follow the above outlined steps to create a YouTube Channel.
How to Enhance Your Channel
Optimize Your Description
Here you are to describe your channel, using some relevant keywords and CTAs within the opening lines of your description.
Add Links To Your Channel
- Visit your channel homepage and tap on the “Cog” icon close to your subscriber count.
- Then, you’ll see a Channel Settings lightbox pop up. You are to toggle on the option named “Customize the layout of your channel”.
- Navigate back to your channel homepage and you’ll see the option to “Edit Links” under the settings menu on your cover art.
- Tap on “Edit Links” option and you’ll be navigated to the “About” section of your channel. Now you have the option of adding links and choosing how many are displayed over your cover art.
- Add a Channel Trailer
Add a short-to-the-point channel trailer. This can be a great way to introduce people to your content. A channel trailer should command attention as soon as it starts and also depicts your content on YouTube.
Note: This trailers only appear for people who are not yet subscribed to your channel.
Add Your Contact Details (Email address)
Add your contact details to make it handy for anyone who is interested in your work. YouTube has a section on each channel profile, where you can list your contact details for business inquiries.
You can find this under the “About” section of your channel. To find it, go to your channel homepage, tap “About” from the navigation and scroll down to “Details”. Here you’ll see the option to share your email address.
It’s as easy as stated above. You can get started now and create one and enjoy all that YouTube Channel has to offer.