A month ago, we saw reports proposing that Discord is building another Clubhouse-like component named ‘Stage Channels’ to allow users to make and join live audio rooms. Discord has now officially declared the feature, and it is live on Windows 10, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, and the web application. In this article, we will tell you the best way to make and utilize Stage Channels on Discord.
How to use Stage Channels on Discord
Before we start, it important to know that ‘Stage Channels’ are accessible just on community sever. Subsequently, we’ll likewise be telling you the best way to change your present server to a community server
What is a Discord Community Server?
As the name implies, Community servers are servers intended to serve a community. Rather than a standard server, it has amazing balance instruments and bits of knowledge. Nonetheless, there are a couple of prerequisites to change your server to a community server. Individuals ought to have a confirmed email to partake in the server. Moreover, the server should enable express media content filters for channels, and separate channels for rules and community update are an unquestionable requirement.
How to Enable Community Server
Here is how to go about this, kindly follow step by step
- To change the discord server to community server, click on your server name and click server settings
- Move to enable community option and click ‘Get Started’
- Read through the community server page setup and click ‘Finish Up’
How to Create Stage Channel on Discord
Use the steps below to create your stage channel on Discord
- Click on the ‘+’ icon in the voice channel section
- Select stage name as the channel type and add the channel name in the text box
- Click next
- At this point you can choose to add stage moderators. Stage moderators can add or either remove the speakers in the session.
- Once the stage channel is created, then Discord will allow you to set the topic of discussion. Type in your name and click on ‘Open the Stage’ to start
How to use Stage Channel on Discord
- Once there is an active stage channel, server members will see an option to engage in the audio room from the left sidebar.
- Members should click on the stage channel under the voice channel option to join the discussion
- Anyone joining would join as a listener and not as a speaker, if a listener is requesting to speak, you can quickly click on ‘hand raise’ button at the bottom of the stage channel view on Discord.
- The stage creator will then receive your request to speak and then select for you to speak.
- Once you are done speaking or no longer interested to speak, you can click on ‘Move to Audience’ button to be a listener
- If as a stage moderator and you want someone out of the stage channel, quickly right-click on the person’s name and click remove
- After the meeting, you can exit the stage channel at any time using the Exit Quietly button.
This is basically all you need to know about Discord new stage channels feature. Follow the guide lines and you would find it easy and interesting to make use of.
Also Read >>>> Zoom Escaper, A Good way to avoid Zoom Meetings