How to Stream Facebook Watch Videos On TV – More than 500 million people watch videos on Facebook daily, a huge percentage of those Facebookers stream videos from the Facebook Watch. The Facebook watch has more than 720 million users monthly and this number will keep rising if the lockdown doesn’t ease down soon.
As a Facebook watch user, you want to get the best out of it. Being able to stream videos from Facebook on your TV while still doing other things on Facebook is luxury at its best.
How to Watch Facebook Videos On Your TV
There are basically two ways to do this, check them out below.
Facebook Watch TV App
This app is available to a shortlist of devices which are Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Hisense VIDAA TV, Windows 10 devices, Xbox One, Oculus TV, Portal TV, VIZIO TV (2016 model and upwards), and Samsung Smart TV.
Thus if you’ve got a TV or device whose name falls under the gadgets listed above, you could use this method.
All you have to do is download the Facebook Watch TV app to any of these devices from the designated device’s app store and set it up which is pretty easy.
How to Set-up the Facebook Watch TV App
After the installation process, open the Facebook Watch App. Just on the opening screen, click on “Continue” just by the right corner.
A new screen showing a code will come up. At this point, you’ve got two options; you could either
- Open a web browser on an internet-connected device and visit the website www.facebook.com/device. Then input the code shown on your screen into the empty tab and tap on the “Continue” button.
- Login to your Facebook account on an internet-connected device and hit the “Notifications” tab. Then “Approve” your TV’s or device’s request to stream Facebook watch videos via the app you downloaded and confirm it.
Casting Facebook Videos to TV Screen
This is a very general way to watch videos from your mobile device. The cast setting allows you share your phone’s screen to a connected device.
Although the setting is available for almost all kinds of recently released phones, the Facebook cast setting works like a gem. Technically, you could keep going through feeds on Facebook while casting a video on Facebook via this setting.
Let’s try it, shall we?
- Ensure your TV is connected to a streaming device. Also, connect your TV via Wi-Fi to the mobile device or computer you are using to access Facebook.
- Open the Facebook app on your device and sign in to your account.
- Locate and open the video you’d like to stream.
- Tap or click on the icon that looks like a TV with Wi-Fi below it.
- Then, select the TV where you’d like to cast the video to.
There you go, casting Facebook videos to your TV while you can still scroll through feeds on Facebook. I hope you do know that you could always cast videos from your phone manually to a smart TV.
That is a topic for another day however casting manually to a smart TV would only display your device’s screen at that moment. This implies the TV would only display your phone’s screen.