When you sign up for a Cash App account, you get to send and receive money online free without the need for a bank account. Like an electronic wallet system, this platform can be used to pay for goods and services bought or to send money to loved ones.
Furthermore, you could link a bank account to your Cash App account. This will make it easier for you to transfer Cash App funds to your bank account, a process that takes 2-3 working days unless you speed it up in which case you will be charged an additional fee.
Cash App accounts does not only work with money but also bitcoins.
Cash App Features
This e-wallet service only functions in the U.S and UK and cannot be used to make payments to someone in another country. This mobile payment system has a website alongside an app available for IOS and Android devices.
Its core functionality is sending and receiving money online however it also allows users to request money and withdraw money. Cash App funds can be withdrawn to debit visa cards, local bank accounts, or ATMs.
When you create a Cash App account, you would also be required to create a Cash tag. The Cash tag is like a username, through it you will able to receive and send funds on Cash App. You can also receive or send money on Cash App through your email address or mobile number.
Cash App also supports ACH direct deposits as they plan to extend their services to more countries soon. The more reason you should apply for the Cash App Cash Card which is a Visa debit card that you can use to pay for goods and services purchased.
How to Open a Cash App Account
To do this, you need to visit Cash App’s website or download the app to your Android or IOS device. It’s a very short process;
- Input a contact address; email address or mobile number. Cash App will then send a verification code to either of the address you filled. Enter it into the verification box and move on.
- Once you go past the verification process, you will be asked to provide a debit card. Input the required details of the debit card. Skip it if you don’t have a debit card as you can always do this later.
- Your personal information i.e names.
- Cash tag or username.
- Then your ZIP code.
Lastly, set up your login details (Username/Cash tag and Password).
How to Verify Your Cash App Account
Cash App has a very low limit when it comes to spending or sending funds. Verifying your Cash App account increases those limit by an outraging rate and make you enjoy more cool Cash App features.
To verify your account, try sending more than the $250 a week limit or receiving more than the $1000 limit. Then Cash App will prompt you to verify your account;
- Fill in your details and confirm your contact address (email address or mobile number).
- Select your bank.
- Fill in your Cash tag and Zip code.
- Choose a mode of payment and check the “Enable Withdrawal and Deposits” tab.
- Confirm your mobile number and specify a reason why you chose your designated mode of payment.
- You will also need to fill in other details like employment status, job title, name of business, source of income, and so on.
- Enter your Social Security Number and Date of Birth to further confirm your identity.
- Lastly, enter the last 4 digits of your SSN.
If all the details you entered are correct, your account should be verified within 48 hours. If not, better luck next time.