Facebook lets you share the video by the share button and in that way, you will be sharing the link to the video and someone has to tap on that to open in Facebook to view that video. The problem is, if the video is not available later, the link would show an error. So, it’s better if you send the Facebook video to WhatsApp without a link.
If you want to send a video from Facebook to WhatsApp then there are many methods to do that. Either you want to send the video from Messenger to WhatsApp or want to send it from Facebook to WhatsApp in both cases you can do this without sharing the link to the video, actually by downloading or saving the video first and then sending the file to WhatsApp user.
How to Send a video from Messenger to WhatsApp
- tap on the video and this will open on your Facebook app.
- Now, just tap on the three-dots icon and tap ‘Copy link‘.
- Once you have the link, open that directly from your chrome browser (make sure you’re logged in).
- Tap & hold and then tap on the ‘Download video‘ option to save it on your mobile.
How to Upload the Facebook Video to WhatsApp Status
When you come across an interesting video on your Facebook feed that you would love to share with your contacts on Whatsapp status, there are a couple of things you can do.
You can share the video by copying the link of the video you want to share and then pasting it on your Whatsapp update status page.
Though the link method will not work when the video you desire to share is private.
As an overall better option, you can download the video first using an external downloader tool and later upload it to your Whatsapp status.
But, you must remember that Whatsapp only allows a video up to 30 seconds to be uploaded on the status. As a result, Whatsapp will divide the long video into 30-30 seconds each for upload. You can set the time limit by sliding the time ticker across the bar that is displayed above your video.
How to Share a Video from Messenger to WhatsApp
Whenever a Facebook friend of yours sends you an informative or funny video on Messenger. You might feel the need to share that video in your Whatsapp groups or with your other friends on Whatsapp.
It is unfortunate that the share icon adjacent to the video shared on Messenger, only allows you to send the video to other Facebook friends. There is no direct share option for Whatsapp.
However, if the video is previously uploaded on Facebook, you can open the original post including the video.
- Tap the three small dots at the extreme right-hand corner and select the Copy Link option.
- Now, you can send the link to anyone on Whatsapp
saving videos from Facebook Messenger is a rather easy task. Though you can’t save videos shared directly from Facebook. The videos that are uploaded by the user from their phone, computer, or tablet via Facebook Messenger can always be saved.
- First of all, launch the Facebook Messenger on your mobile and open chat.
- Scroll through your list of active conversations to find the conversation that contains the video you wish to save.
- Open the conversation and long tap on the video file for a few seconds, till the pop-up options appear.
- Tap the ‘Save Video’ icon. Turn on your permissions for immediate download.
- Now you can find the video saved in your phone’s media gallery and you can upload the same on your Whatsapp status.
- You can also send the video to separate Whatsapp contacts, by opening the chat and clicking the paper clip icon.
- Next, tap on ‘Cam’ icon and upload the video & send