How to See Saved Passwords On Mac Chrome – The chrome browser is one of the best browsers anyone could use as it works on almost all kinds of devices. The browser has many qualities that make it the most used from its clean interface to a mobile and desktop friendly look and not ignoring its speed when it comes to producing search results.
One of the reasons why I love using the Chrome browser especially on my Mac device is the fact that it prompts me to save my information on it. For instance, Chrome allows you to save details like account sign-in credentials, credit or debit card details, and so on.
By using a Chrome browser to sign in to any of your accounts online, you would get a prompt to save that account details on the browser. If you agree to it, you could sign in to that account with a single click.
Saving Passwords On Mac Chrome
Agreeing to that prompt also helps you save your account’s password. You don’t need any researcher to tell you this: Every person with numerous accounts online is bound to forget the sign-in details at one point in time or the other.
Guess, that’s why it’s very advisable to save passwords while using the chrome browser. But it can be also very dangerous.
When you save your details on your Chrome in a Mac device or any device, someone could easily sign in to any of your accounts. Or also retrieve those details using the guide I am about to share with you.
Steps to See Saved Passwords On Mac Chrome
Get your Mac device and let’s get to it. For this to work, you must be signed in to your Google account via that chrome browser.
- Open the chrome browser on your Mac device.
- Tap on the profile icon at the top right corner of the Chrome page thereby opening a drop-down menu.
- Next, proceed to sign in to your Google Account by clicking on the “Sign In to Chrome” icon.
- Type in your email address and password and tap on “Next”, therefore signing you in to your Google account.
- Note: If you are already signed in, there will be a “Sign Out” option instead. Hence skip steps 3 and 4.
- Go back and tap on the three horizontal dots icon at the top right corner.
- On the next drop-down menu, select “Settings”.
- New tab, scroll down and choose “Advanced”.
- On the next page, click on “Passwords and Forms”.
- Under the “Passwords and Forms” section, select “Manage Passwords”.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots next to the account details you want.
- On the drop-down menu, click on “Details”. Here, you would find the website, the login I.D, and the password to your chosen account.
But there is still an issue, the passwords of each account should be hidden.
How to Unhide Saved Passwords On Mac Chrome
Before being able to see the password of each account, you will have to verify your identity as the owner of the Mac device. This implies that you would need to enter your device password if it has or follow your device prompts if it doesn’t.
- You should be in step 12 now, where you have all your sign in I.D and their respective hidden passwords. Tap on the “Eye” icon next to the password you want to see.
- A new menu pops-up, enter your device password and follow your device’s prompt. Then click on “OK”.
- You would have to repeat this process for all passwords you want to see.
You could also choose to delete any Password by clicking on the three horizontal dots right of your selected password.