How to Save and Download Videos From Facebook – We come across various videos on Facebook frequently while browsing through its endless stream of interesting content. Most of this contents are so interesting that sometimes we feel the dire need to own a copy.
While you could easily screenshot a picture and crop it according to your taste, videos are way more complex than that. Basically, you need to download the video which won’t be simple since Facebook isn’t a video download site.
How to Save Videos From Facebook
While it’s possible to download videos directly to your device, you might want to stick to saving them on Facebook first. It’s not directly to your phone but it’s saved to your Facebook account.
- Sign in to your Facebook account and locate the video you wish to save.
- Find and click on the three dots at the top right corner of the video or post.
- From the new menu that pops-out, select “Save”.
This will save the video to a section in your Facebook account tagged as “Saved”. You can find it by visiting the Facebook hamburger menu (three lines menu at the top right corner of your newsfeed page).
How to Download Videos From Facebook
For this trick to work, you need a video downloader since you can’t download Facebook videos directly to your phone using the Facebook app. There is a lot of video downloader apps and there are ones specially made for downloading videos from Facebook i.e video downloader Facebook, friendly for Facebook, Tubidy, Download Manager, video downloader, and so on.
Most of the video downloader apps allow you to access Facebook through itself. Once you open the app, you will be required to login to Facebook thereby accessing your Facebook account through the app.
All you have to do is locate the video and click on it. Then follow the app’s prompt to download the video directly to your device.
How to Copy a Facebook Video Link
Especially when using a computer, downloading Facebook videos directly to your device might not seem as simple as following the instructions above. Some apps like most video downloading websites do not let you access Facebook, instead, it uses the “Copy and Paste” method.
Installing video downloading apps on computers might not be such a good idea thus you need video downloading websites instead. These sites can be accessed on both mobile and computers and they include Getfbstuff.com, FB video saver, downloadvieosfrom.com, and so on.
Download Facebook Video Using URL
- Sign in to your Facebook account and then proceed to find the video you want to download.
- Courtesy requires you to ensure the video is public before downloading it. A globe icon just below the name of the poster means it’s a public post. In any case, the post being private won’t stop the video downloader site from doing its work.
- Right-click on the video and from the pop-down menu that appears choose “Show video URL”. Then copy the video’s link using the “Ctrl + C” key command. If you are using mobile, click on the three dots at the top right corner of the post and select “Copy Link” next.
- Open a web browser on your device preferably Chrome. Then type in your preferred Video downloader’s URL.
- Next, paste the Facebook video link into the video downloader site. Use the “Ctrl + V” command if you are using a computer. For mobile, just long-press on your screen and wait for the paste command to come up.