VMware workstation player is a well known application to run virtual machines. It is free for individual use actually like VirtualBox. Its interface is very straightforward and furthermore offers unattended establishment for few famous working frameworks.
Windows 11 is the most recent working framework that is presently accessible as an update for existing Windows 10 Insider clients. Consequently, there is yet not official accessibility of its ISO record, still, there is an approach to download it to introduce Windows 11 on Virtual machines as well as on PC or PCs. The quick improvement one can see in the OS is its Start button situation and other Graphical upgrades that you can insight without anyone else once you have it on your VMware
Install Windows 11 on VMware Player virtual machine
The first step to this approach is downloading the VMplayer and also download windows ISO and after which you can now follow the steps below.
- Run the virtual machine on your system and then click on the link “Create a new virtual machine” given on the right-side panel
- select the “Installer disc image file (iso)” option and then click on the Browse button.
- This will open a file explorer, navigate to the folder where you have saved Windows 11 ISO file, select it. And after that click on the “Next” button.
- Select Microsoft Windows as OS type and in the corresponding drop-down version box, set it to Windows 10 x64 because yet we don’t have Windows 11 option here.
- Name the Virtual Machine
- Add Virtual hard disk, After selection click on the “Next” button.
- For optimum usage of Windows 11 on VMware Player, set VM memory to 4 GB which is by default – 2GB. Hence, click on the “Customize Hardware” button.
- Select Memory and drag the vertical slider to 4GB. After that close the window.
- finally hit the “Finish” button.
Start Windows 11 Virtual machine
- Select the created VM from the left side panel of the VMware player and then click on the “Play Virtual machine” link.
- Select OS language to install along with Time, currency, and Keyboard type. Well, in most cases you can leave the default setting as it is and simply select the “Next” button
- Hit the Install button
- skip this step by clicking on the “I don’t have a product key” icon
- select the “Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)” option
- the installation process will be start in a short time
Create offline Account
- Click on the “Sign-in Options
- Select “Offline Account
- Go for “Don’t Sign in with a Microsoft Account”.
- Add username for a local account.
- Set a password for an above-created local user and click next
- Once the installation is completed you will have a working Windows 11 operating system on the Vmware Workstation player
Install VMware Tools
- click on the Player menu option and select Manage and then click the “Install Vmware Tools” option.
- go to File Manager, double click on the VmTools inserted CD. Follow the guided wizard to install the tools. Once the installation is completed, restart your Win 11 VM.