How to Hide SMS on Android – Hiding messages and SMS hasn’t really been a thing till stuff like message hacking, spying and people grabbing your phones and just going through your messages also became a thing. Infiltrating your privacy yet leaving you helpless and unable to do anything about it.
Everyone likes their privacy and hope that whatever information is on their device is kept secure and away from prying eyes. No one wants to be monitored especially not through your mobile device.
Not to speak of the fact that some of the information our messages contain are extremely private and sensitive. In the sense that they contain important information about our lives that can be used against us negatively.
You don’t want that kind of classified information about you in the wrong hands. Below are some guides to keep your messages private and secure.
Also Interesting Yahoo Mail Dark Mode
How to Hide SMS Using Messaging App On Android
Archiving your message hides it and keeps it away from the normal message tab. Hence when anyone opens your message app, they won’t be able to see or access your archived messages.
Straight to it, shall we? Open the Message app on your device.
- Locate the messages you want to archive. Gently press on it while holding until a “Checkmark” icon appears.
- Now, select all messages you wish to archive.
- Carefully click on the “Archive” option. it is either in words as in “Archive” or a download icon, “A downward-facing arrow”.
All messages you selected will automatically leave the messages tab and move to the hidden archive list. To access your archive list, open the messaging app, and click on the three horizontal dots at the top right corner.
On the pop-up menu, select “Archive”. All your hidden messages will be here.
The only problem with this process is the fact that it’s basic and general. Almost everyone knows about this and can easily still access your messages.
Hence your information is not close to 100% secure.
Using Third-Party Apps – How to Hide Your SMS on Android
Apps whose functions basically hides and secures your SMS from the normal messaging app. These apps also have security measures like passwords, pin, or pattern protection installed.
So even if a person does find the app on your device, they still won’t be able to access your messages unless they somehow have your password or security protection.
You would have to download such apps and set it up on your device.
Examples of Third-Party Apps that Hide SMS
- Go SMS Pro.
- Vault-Hide SMS.
- Message Locker.
- Private Message.
- SMS Plus.
- Calculator Pro.
You can download and install any of the above apps to your device, they are safe, tested, and trusted. To successfully secure and hide your SMS on your android device on any of these apps, you would have to follow the app’s prompts.
How to Hide SMS On Android Using Third-Party Apps.
Now you’ve chosen an app and successfully installed it to your device. How to hide SMS on an android device while using any of those apps revolves around two different processes.
It’s either the app chooses to hide the entire messaging app and its content i.e Message Locker or accesses your messaging app and hide the messages you specified i.e Vault-Hide SMS.
Either way the third party app will require you set up a password, pin or pattern.
Let’s take GO SMS Pro for Instance. Below are the steps to use this app;
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Open it and grant the App permission to access your android device.
- On the next page with all your messages, gently press on a message while holding and select all messages you wish to hide.
- Look to the bottom and locate the pop-up menu there. Select “More”, then “Move to Private Box”.
- Adhere to the onscreen prompts and set up a password.
- Go back to the message menu and repeat the process above only this time you won’t be setting up a password.
- Finish up the process and successfully hide your messages.