How to Close Amazon Seller Account – I use to think having a seller account was a gift, being able to sell commodities on Amazon was truly a great experience. Then I started experiencing different issues and being a seller kept getting more frustrating.
This article is for people like me who will like to learn how to close the amazon seller account due to one reason or the other. But before you do so, closing your amazon seller account shouldn’t be a way out unless you’ve made up your mind to. There are several other alternatives to closing your Amazon Sellers account.
Alternative to Closing Amazon Sellers Account
- Sellers fees are too high, downgrade your account from a professional seller account to the personal seller account.
- Close all or some of your product listings. Closing down all your listings is a way of temporarily closing down your Amazon seller account.
- Go on Vacation Mode: Sign in to your seller account and navigate to Seller Central. Open the “Settings” menu> “Account Info”> “Vacation Settings”, choose to be inactive, and submit.
If you still insist on closing your Amazon sellers account despite the options above, keep reading.
What Happens When You Close Your Amazon Sellers Account?
You won’t have access to anything Amazon seller as they won’t be able to reactivate your account after it has been closed. No access to account profile and history, funds, gift cards, or anything of value.
You won’t be able to process returns, refunds, or respond to A-Z Guarantee claims. Also, do note that you won’t be able to open another Amazon seller account with the details of the one you are about to close.
Furthermore, if you operate a North America unified seller account, closing it will close all of your other active accounts. For instance, if you close your U.S, your Canada account would also be closed.
How to Close Your Amazon Seller Account
You have to go through some processes first before permanently closing your Amazon sellers account;
- Finish up all outstanding orders and wait 90 days after processing your final order. A cool-off period to make sure no guarantee claims would be laid.
- Clean out your account, leave no funds or gift cards. Leave a zero balance.
- Process all refunds and returns.
- Confirm Amazon has your current bank account details so you can receive your final payment.
Once you’ve met all the conditions above, go to Amazon contact us page at sellercentral.amazon.com and sign in to your Amazon seller’s account. Find and click on “Close Your Account”.
Fill the presented form and tap on “Submit”. Amazon will work on it and then send you a confirmation email that your account has been closed or one containing information about why your Amazon seller account can’t be closed and the necessary actions to take.