Google assistance started with just one voice (feminine), one language (English) band one accent (American). Ever since then there has been a move to expand in multiple voices in several languages. For English, Google has added a number of accents, together with British and Australian. And guess what it is configurable. It simply means that you can change the default voice from the google app settings menu on your mobile phone.
In this article we will show you few steps in which you can perform this action on your android device, iPhone and iPad.
Change Voice and Language of Google Assistant
On Android Devices
Read through the guidelines to enable you to do this task on your android phone.
- Open the Google app on your mobile device
- Click on the menu bar at the bottom right
- Click on settings
- Choose ‘Google Assistant’
- Scroll down and select ‘Assistant Voice’
- At this point, you can change the settings of google assistant. Google makes use of colours to indicate assistant voices as a subtitle of names and red is a default setting for English
Go to the Google Assistant Settings web page, click on settings then Google Assistant. Scroll down and tab on languages. To change the first language, click on the primary choice and add a language. To add a second language, tab on Add language and add another choice.
On iPhone or iPad.
Kindly follow the steps below to know how to perform this action on your iOS device.
- Lunch the google assistant app on your iOS device
- Click on your profile picture at the top right of the home page
- Scroll down and select Assistant voice
- Select your preferred voice and set it as default.
Open the google assistant app and tab on your profile picture and scroll to ‘languages’. Choose a language to set as default, it’s possible to add two languages just click on the primary language for the first choice then click on add language to pick another language.
Also Read >>>> Xiaomi to Launch New Mi Mix Phone on March 29