You can move the iTunes backup location to recover the valuable space on the essentials of your Windows PC. We’ll show you how.
Making a customary backup of your iPhone or iPad utilizing iTunes on Windows 10 is a decent practice. Before you know it, the backup is occupying stores of room on your drive. It’s unwieldy in the event that you utilize a little SSD to boot Windows 10.
Steps to Change the iTunes Backup Location on Windows 10
Here are the basic steps that would help you Change the iTunes Backup Location on Windows 10
- Firstly before you divert iTunes backup location, rename the current backup folder with the goal that it doesn’t get overwritten. In the first iTunes backup area, select the Backup location, right-click on it and select Rename. Change its name to Backup. Old and press Enter to save it.
- From that point onward, go to an alternate drive parcel or an outside drive to make another iTunes backup folder and give it the name you need. Move the substance of Backup. old to the newly made iTunes backup location
- Then, make a symlink to divert the old iTunes backup folder to the enhanced one. A symlink resembles an easy route that causes the document or folder to seem like it’s really there.
How to create a Symlink for the desktop Version of iTunes
Use the following guidelines rightly and you would get this done immediately
- Type command prompt in the Start menu search bar, at that point, right-click on the applicable match and select Run as executive to open the Command Prompt.
- This command consequently produces an easy route like symlink that focuses the old iTunes backup folder to the new backup folder .plug your iPhone or iPad into your Windows PC and take a new backup to affirm that.
- To change the iTunes backup folder later on to another segment or outside drive, you’ll need to erase the symlink folder. At that point, run the order to make another symlink by including the new objective way.
Hopefully, you can move iTunes backup folder to give space without any break in progress.