Facebook is a very popular and used social media platform, it has about 2 billion active users logging in and out every day. Some of these people who use Facebook, use it to mainly keep contact with friends and family, make new friends and reconnect with their old ones, but Facebook can be used for a lot. Today, we’ll be discussing Facebook for developers and how to create a developer account.
Facebook for developers is a Facebook account that is used to create apps on Facebook and also create games. Before we go into details on how you can create a developer account and all you can use it for, you should first know some the other things you can do on Facebook. With Facebook, you can buy and sell like any e-commerce platform, using the Facebook marketplace or Facebook buy and sell groups, Facebook can also be used for advertisements and promotion of businesses and brands, there are a lot of things that you can do on Facebook.
Facebook For Developers | Create a Developers Account
Before you can create a Facebook app or Facebook game, you must first create a Facebook for developers account, even though you can do this with your personal Facebook account. it is not wise to do so just to avoid exposing the app or game you are still working on to your potential competitors before you finish with developing it. So generally, it is advisable to develop and test your app with a new account. You can create a developer account with the steps below
- Connect your device to the internet, log on to Facebook and create a new Facebook account
- Log in to your new account, copy this link then paste it in your browser URL http://www.facebook.com/developers/become_test_account.php
- On the page you will be redirected to, click on make your account name a test account, for example, make Jeffrey Albert a test account
- On completion of the above steps, you will be redirected to the confirmation page and your account has been successfully made
Your email address linked to your Facebook developer account is what you will always use to login to your developer account to test the app, so always remember it.
How Can I Delete My Facebook For Developers Account?
You can delete your Facebook for developers account just the way you have created it. To delete it, follow the steps below
- Launch your web browser and log on to https://developers.facebook.com/
- Log in to your Facebook developer account
- From your account, go to my apps then click on developer settings
- Navigate to contact tab and click on delete developer
- Select delete account then save changes
Your account will be deleted, if you are the only admin of any app and the app will delete once you delete your developer account.