Fruit Diet – Excess weight gain is considered to be unhealthy and is related to heart diseases and other diseases which is why people are always in need of ways to reduce or control weight gain.
Fruit diet is one of the best ways of controlling weight gain and lots of people resort to this when they start experiencing an increase in weight. This is not the only reason why people go into fruit diet. Some individuals are vegans who just take fruits and vegetable.
If you want to start a fruit diet for weight loss or simply because you want to become a vegetarian, there are probably some questions you have in your mind about this.
You may have questions like how do I start a fruit diet, what are the benefits or risks involved in this kind of diet? and other questions. Well, we are right here to give you the necessary info you need to know about fruit diet.
What Is Fruit Diet?
A fruit diet is a kind of diet that involves consumption of varieties of fruits in their natural state, these varieties of fruits include nuts, seeds, sweet fruits, and seeded fruits.
During a fruit diet, grains, cooked food and processed are taken at minimal or absolutely avoided. For some individuals who are considered fruitarians, their fruit diet is strict and taken to the extreme, as they do not even consume vegetables while on their diet.
Fruit diet is a vegan diet that highly restricts the intake of animal products, other dairy products, and processed foods. During the course of this program, people eat raw fruits for its health benefits. While some fruitarians prefer to eat fruits that have fallen to the ground while others eat fruits that have been picked for days.
What Does A Fruit Diet Look Like?
Fruit diet consists of varieties of fruits, seeded fruits, nuts, sweet fruits and other types of food, these fruits are eaten in their raw states. During this program, the food you take into your system have to be majorly or only fruits, foods like animal products are avoided, legumes and grains may be taken in minimal qualities. But for a very strict fruit diet, everything thing is fruit and looks like this.
- Breakfast might have to be a smoothie which contains fruits like banana, watermelon, mango, coconut milk, and others.
- Afternoon course might be a fruit salad that contains varieties of fruits like grapes, berries, banana, oranges, avocado, and others.
- Dinner will also be a combination of various fruits which you can eat alone or combine with other fruits
- Dessert has to also be fruits and only fruits. Just try to mix as many fruits as possible to get all the nutrients contained in the varieties of fruits.
How Do You Start A Fruit Diet
Starting a fruit diet means a whole lot, it means letting go of other types of foods which are not fruits, you have to take your time to decide if you really want to start the program and if you will be consistent. Rather than starting your transition to fruit diet all at once, you can start it gradually till you adjust to the new eating pattern.
Start with adding fruits to your daily eating pattern; create a food time-table containing mostly fruits as meals. You can take it easy on taking your fruits raw, you can steam or soak them before you eat them till you get used to eating them completely raw.
Eat oil fruits to provide your body with fats eat your fruits with vegetables like sweet potatoes and drink lots of water and juice. Eating more fruits and less cooked foods and animal products do not provide your body with enough energy for exercise, so you might be fatigued from time to time. Make sure this new eating program works well with your body system or speak to your doctor before starting this program.
What Is The Benefit Of Fruit Diet Plan
Fruits contain lots of nutrients which are beneficial to the body system and when these fruits are taken in moderate quantities they can be of huge help to your body.
- Fruits like apple, pears, blackberries and raspberries contain high dietary fiber, these fibers help to lower cholesterol and encourage regular bowel movements that, helps to reduce constipation and increase digestion.
- Oranges, red pepper, strawberries contain Vitamin C which supports the immune system and keeps the teeth and gum healthy.
- Fruits also help the body in production of red blood cells and support healthy fetal development.
- Fruits contain antioxidants materials that help to keep the skin healthy, these fruits include black plums, oranges, avocado, water melon and others.
- Fruits also help to maintain a healthy blood pressure and also regulate fluid balance in the body.
- Fruit diet is generally important to keep your body system healthy and free from any form of sickness. A combination of these fruits as a diet helps to promote the general state of the body and its organs.
What Are The Risks Of Fruit Diet Plan?
Strict adherence to only fruit consumption can be quite risky to your body, but when these fruits are taken in moderations or taken alongside other types of foods, it can be most helpful to your body.
Lots of essential nutrients are lacking in a fruit-only diet, nutrients like protein, fat, calcium and other nutrients which have lots of benefits they provide the body with.
Exception of cooked foods and processed foods from your diet may lead to malnourishment which may slow down your body’s metabolism. You may also starting experiencing nutritional defects like anemia, fatigue and osteoporosis which is caused by lack of intake of calcium for a long time.
Fruit diets are often heavy on sugar which may be quite destructive to body systems of diabetic people. Just endeavor to take up to 50% of fruits without exempting the intake of other types of foods.
Now, you know what fruit diet is all about, what the benefits and risks are, so while starting your program endeavor to take these into considerations.