The Pittsburgh Steelers are a professional American football team based in Pittsburgh. The Steelers compete in the National Football League (NFL) as a member club of the American Football Conference (AFC) North division. Founded in 1933, the Steelers are the seventh-oldest franchise in the NFL and the oldest franchise in the AFC.
In contrast with their status as perennial also-rans in the pre-merger NFL, where they were the oldest team never to have won a league championship, the Steelers of the post-merger (modern) era are among the most successful NFL franchises. The team is tied with the New England Patriots for the most Super Bowl titles at six, and they have both played in (16 times) and hosted (11 times) more conference championship games than any other team in the NFL. The Steelers have also won eight AFC championships, tied with the Denver Broncos, but behind the Patriots’ record 11 AFC championships. The team is tied with the Broncos and Dallas Cowboys for the second-most Super Bowl appearances with eight. They lost their most recent championship appearance, Super Bowl XLV, on February 6, 2011.
The Steelers, whose history may be traced to a regional pro team that was established in the early 1920s, joined the NFL as the Pittsburgh Pirates on July 8, 1933. The team was owned by Art Rooney and took its original name from the baseball team of the same name, as was common practice for NFL teams at the time. To distinguish them from the baseball team, local media took to calling the football team the Rooneymen, an unofficial nickname that persisted for decades after the team had adopted its current nickname. The ownership of the Steelers has remained within the Rooney family since the organization’s founding. Art Rooney’s son, Dan Rooney, owned the team from 1988 until his death in 2017. Much control of the franchise has been given to Dan Rooney’s son, Art Rooney II.
steelers official mobile app
I’m sure most of us haven’t heard of the stealer’s official mobile app. Let briefly tell about the app. The Steelers Mobile App allows you to personalize and customize your navigation and personal profile for the ultimate fan experience! Be sure to access your digital tickets and save them to your Apple or Google Wallet before you arrive at Heinz Field.
How to Download Steelers Official Mobile APP
The Steelers official mobile app is online available for both iOS and Android users.
So download this app kindly follow the steps below.
- For iphone users, go to your app store
- Search for the Pittsburgh steelers app
- Click on the app to download
- Download and install app to phone right away.
- Quickly do your playstore app
- Search for the Pittsburgh steelers app
- Click on the app to download
- Download and install app to phone right away
Good benefits of the Steelers Official Mobile App
Here are what steelers mobile app users enjoy just for making use of the app. So if you want to be part of this you cab as well join the train of users right away to start enjoying the amazing benefit.
- Real-Time News, Featured Content & Injury Reports
- LIVE Game Day Radio Broadcasts & Game Streaming (NFL Restrictions Apply)
- Game Day Alerts, Stats & All-New Game Center
How to access your tickets and add to your wallet
Follow the steps below to access your tickets.
- Once downloaded, open the app then hit “Continue.”
- Select where you would like to receive notifications.
- Next, Create a Fan Profile to customize your Steelers app experience. Or, select “Skip.” IMPORTANT: The Fan Profile is NOT the same as your Steelers Account Manager email and password. Please set up a new fan profile or tap “skip.”
- Once inside the app, to access your tickets tap “Tickets” in the bottom navigation on the home screen then “My Tickets.”
- Select “Tickets” in the bottom navigation on the home screen
- Select “My Tickets”
- Sign in using the email address and password associated with your Steelers Account Manager. This email should be the same as for the Ticketmaster account.
- Select the game. Tap “View Barcode.”
- Be sure to save your tickets to your phone’s digital wallet BEFORE you head to the game. Tap “Add to Wallet” and confirm which tickets to add. Once complete, your tickets will be accessible within your phone’s wallet*. *
How to transfer your tickets
- Select the game you wish to transfer. Tap “Transfer.”
- Select the seats to transfer and tap “Transfer to.”
- You may either select from your existing phone contacts or manually enter a recipient’s email or cell phone number (if using the Steelers Mobile App only; if using desktop, you must use the recipient’s email address) Enter the email address or mobile number for the recipient.
- If sending by cell phone number, a text will automatically be generated for you to send. Tap the green arrow to send the text message.
- If sending by email, once you tap “Transfer tickets” the receipt will receive an email with instructions for accepting the tickets.
To cancel a transfer BEFORE the tickets have been accepted, tap “Cancel Transfer” to return the tickets to your account. If the tickets have already been accepted by the receipt, you will no longer be able to cancel the transfer. To reacquire the tickets, the recipient must transfer them back to you.
How to post your tickets for sale
- Select the game you wish to wish. Tap “Sell.”
- Select the seats you wish to sell then tap “Set Price.”
- Set the sale price per ticket. Then tap “Payout method.”
- Select your payout method. Seller credit will apply the funds to your Steelers account while deposit account will transfer the funds to a checking or savings account. If you prefer the payout via a deposit account, you must add this by using the bank account and routing number.
- Confirm the information and click “Sell Ticket(s).”
NOTE: Funds for tickets you sell will be available to you after the event has taken place.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I access my ticket(s) on my mobile device?
Use the Steelers Official Mobile App to access your ticket(s) by selecting the “Tickets” tab on the toolbar and log in to your Steelers account. You can access the Steelers Official Mobile App here.
- Can I print my ticket(s) from home?
Tickets can no longer be printed and must be accessed on a mobile device.
- Can I screenshot my ticket(s)?
No. Because the mobile ticket has a dynamic barcode, screenshots or images of tickets cannot be accepted. Every ticket must be presented from within the Steelers Mobile App or your phone’s digital wallet.
- What if my smartphone is outdated and I’m having issues accessing my tickets?
If you have an outdated smartphone model, some functionality with the Steelers app or Account Manager may not be available. If you experience any issues with this, please contact us prior to gameday or visit the Ticket Office windows 3 hours prior to kick-off on game day.
- What If I’m attending with a group, does each guest need his/her own ticket downloaded?
Yes. All guests holding multiple tickets should transfer those tickets to the individual members of their party prior to arriving to the stadium so they receive important health and safety information for game day. For step-by-step instructions on how to transfer your tickets, see above under “How to transfer your tickets to a family member or friend.”
- Why should I save my ticket(s) to my phone?
Saving your ticket to your digital wallet before arriving at Heinz Field ensures you can access the barcode should you lose wireless or WiFi service.
- What should I do if I don’t have a smartphone or if my phone is lost, breaks or dies before I get to Heinz Field?
Please visit our Customer Service Windows located on Art Rooney Avenue for assistance. Customer Service windows open two (2) hours prior to kickoff.