Have you heard of the OkCupid app? It’s a free and a full-featured dating app on your phone, or tablet. It’s free to use OkCupid to look for and communicate with matches, but their advanced features will require a paid subscription.
How to Get Started with The Okcupid App
- On a mobile device, go to OKCupid.com and sign up for an OkCupid account or download the OkCupid app from the App Store (iPhone/iPad) or Play Store (Android).
- To sign up, click “JOIN OKCUPID”.
- You can sign up with your email address or your Facebook account by connecting to it.
- You will be asked to enter your name, gender, date and place of birth. You will also have the ability to select your dating preferences for future partners, including the type of relationship you want and your preferred age range.
- You’ll be asked to add at least one picture to your profile during the setup process. At any time, you can add additional pictures.
- On the “About you” tab, describe yourself. By showcasing hobbies and other things that you enjoy doing, let your personality shine.
- To boost your matches, answer at least 15 questions. In order to determine how compatible, you are with others, OKCupid’s matching algorithm uses the way you answer those questions. You’ll be shown your matches once you’re done answering 15 questions.
- Upgrading to A-List (optional). You’ll find that certain features need an A-List subscription when you use the features of OkCupid. An A-List subscription allows you to see who liked your profile, allows you to scan your interactions by attractiveness and body type, and adds read receipts. Click or tap on your profile to update at any time and pick GET A-LIST.
- There are two A-List versions: Premium and Standard. For your desired time period, you’ll be given the option to select one of these options.
How to Find Matches on The Okcupid App?
- If you don’t want to see matches swiping through matches, you can check for people on both the online and mobile versions of OkCupid based on your own requirements.
- Click Browse (web) or Discovery (okcupid app). The Search screen opens this way. At the top of the page, you can see your profile’s general search preferences, which are used to show the matches below.
- Scroll down and tap SEE ALL to view all matches now if you’re using the OKCupid app.
- Your matches are filtered. By clicking or tapping the Filter icon that looks like some vertical (web) or horizontal (mobile app) lines with buttons, you can change who appears in the list. Make your changes and to re-run the quest, press Submit or Search. Only A-List participants have access to certain filters.
- To open a profile, click it. The full profile of the person will appear on the screen now. By clicking or tapping them, you can search the images of the person.
- If you like someone who sent a message to you, the message will be transferred to the inbox that you can reach by tapping Conversations or clicking Messages (website).
- To see who you admire, click or tap Likes. If you’ve subscribed to the A-List, you’ll now see a list of everyone on OkCupid who likes you. If not, you’ll just see an A-List ad for you to upgrade.