From the same Facebook platform that you use to connect with your friends, you can also learn how to make money on Facebook videos. You may be wondering how that can be possible, but the answer is not far fetched as we bring you tips on how you can go about making money from the videos you post on Facebook.
These days, social media platforms, have given their users, the unique and rare opportunity of earning money from their talents. Facebook users, can now create the content of their skills and whatever it is they want to put out there and use it to make a few extra bucks for themselves.
However, your video content must meet the specifications laid down by Facebook, to avoid your account being suspended.
Once your content is clean enough and entertaining to your Facebook audience, and you know the right steps to follow, you can be sure that you won’t only use Facebook to chat or view status updates to kill boredom, but you can use it to make money.
How to Make Money on Facebook Videos
Earn money from in-stream ads in your videos
In-stream ads, enables eligible video creators earn money by including short video or image ads in qualifying videos. Creators are given a share of the revenue from the video ads displayed to their viewers.
Viewers are made to watch the entire ad, in order to continue watching a video. Because advertisers target different audiences, viewers will probably see different kinds of ads.
Types of in-stream ads
In-stream ads comes in three categories, namely, pre-roll, mid-roll and image ads.
These are static image ads, which display under the content. Image ads enable you earn money from videos, that do not have a good place for mid-roll ads, like comedy skits.
Mid-roll ads, are ads that come up during your video. This ad works best within a video that has natural break points. Since most videos are still discovered in News Feed, it is recommended that creators program their content for mid-roll ads.
These are ads that play before your video starts. These ads, are shown to people who actively seek out the content. The more viewers that seek out the content, the more payouts you’ll get.
Benefits of Using Facebook In-stream Ads
Using Facebook in-stream ads, comes with some range of benefits that you can use to your advantage:
- It helps you maximize your earnings while you focus on what you do best.
- It is easy and flexible, saving you time and letting Facebook automatically detect natural spots for in-stream ads with automatic placement. Alternatively, use manual placements to insert them at an exact point in your video.
- Offers you a good user experience for your viewers, who prefer longer content with fewer breaks.
- Ultimately, in-stream ads give creators a material and sustainable revenue model. Including ads in new or existing Facebook videos, earns you money.
Facebook Monetization Eligibility
To start making money from your video contents on Facebook, there are certain terms and conditions you have to meet, in order for you to be eligible. Let’s see the requirements:
- You stand eligible for in-stream ads if you are 18 years or older.
- You are required to publish videos from a page, not a profile, to be eligible for in-stream ads.
- You must meet Facebook’s Partner Monetization Policies, not only to be eligible for in-stream ads, but to stay eligible.
- Have 30,000+ 1-minute views. This metric, will help in determining how successful, you’ll be able to monetize with in-stream ads. In the last 60 days, you are required to have at least 30,000 one-minute views on videos that are at least three minutes long.
- Your videos must be published from a page that has at least 10,000 followers.
- Be in an available country and language.
- You have to publish videos that are eligible for in-stream ads. Your videos must be at least one minute long. Where your content is longer than three minutes, it is recommended, that you programme your content to have a natural break at the one minute mark. However, note that while in-stream monetization supports content less than three minutes long, the requirements around publishing 3-minute video content, have to be met if you want to include in-stream ads in your videos.
How to Include In-stream Ads in your Facebook Video and Make Money
After meeting the eligibility requirements, you can use the following steps, to on board and start including them in your videos.
Before you start
- Select your financial admin. You can assign multiple financial admins.
- Select an editor to enable and disable ads. You can also assign multiple editors.
- Have your tax ID. It could be a VAT number or other government-issued tax ID.
- Have your bank account or international Bank Account (IBAN) number.
- Have your company’s address, phone number and email address.
Set up in-stream ads in Creator Studio
Here is how to start the in-stream ads onboarding process from within the Creator Studio:
- Select the Page(s) you want to onboard.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Set up your payment account and choose how to receive your earnings.
- Enable automatic placements, in order to earn ads in all of your videos published in the last 30 days.
- Choose “Next” to complete the setup.
Option to include ads on existing videos
You have two places where you can enable in-stream ads on your back catalogue of content.
The first, happens to be when you onboard your Pages to in-stream ads. Here, you can choose to automatically monetize all eligible videos uploaded in the he last 30 days in one step. The second place happens to be in your monetization settings.
Backfill can only monetize the last 30 days of eligible videos. Thus, if you have older videos that you would like to monetize, you can try bulk monetization in Creator Studio.
Other Methods of Making Money on Facebook Videos
You can manage a fitness page, which publishes three new videos a week. Now, about 75% of these videos, are over three minutes and each of the videos typically receives 30,000 – 50,000 views.
You can collaborate with brands, and generate revenue by publishing content that is features or is influenced by a business partner. Brands are willing to work with content creators and their audiences. You can use the Brand Collabs Manager tool, to enable you find and connect with each other. It’s much easier, safer and more impactful for both parties.
With Fan Subscriptions, the audience that care most about your page can directly fund it through monthly, recurring payments which you set. You can identify supporters by the special badge provided for them in comments, and reward them with perks like exclusive content and discounts.
Subscription groups empower group admins to sustain themselves via subscriptions, thus enabling them to further invest in their communities.
It is now time to use Facebook for more important business. Get started on it today, and enjoy the many perks the comes with posting Facebook videos.