How to delete your Cash App account question comes in when you are done with a Cash App account. For one, I have no idea why anyone would want to delete their Cash App account. If it doesn’t prove useful now; it might later in the nearest future.
There is nothing wrong with the actions, just that you should know what happens when you do so. Thus before you check out how to delete cash app account, find out what will happen if you do.
Things to Know Before Deleting Your Cash App Account
Like deleting any other account you’ve got, when you delete your Cash App account, you permanently lose access to it. Thus you might want to “Cash Out” and transfer your money somewhere else and also download your payment history if you want to.
Before deleting your Cash App account, clear out all pending payments or any sort of funds and then cancel your account’s subscription. Stop all monthly billings, take all steps to make sure the account looks inactive.
Delete Cash App Account Via Cash App Web
- Get to Cash App official website and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the “Request Register Code” icon that pops up thus sending a verification code to your Cash App registered mobile number or email address.
- Retrieve the code and input it to confirm that you own the account.
- Then scroll down and tap on “Deactivate Account”.
- On the next page, specify why you’ve taken such actions and proceed to delete your Cash App account.
Delete Cash App Account Via Mobile App
- Open the app on your mobile device.
- Hit on the “Profile Icon” at the top left corner.
- On the next menu, scroll down and select “Cash Supports” or “Support” if you use Cash App for iPhone.
- Next, tap on “Something Else” and select “Account Settings” thereafter.
- Then hit on “Close my Cash App Account” or “Confirm Closing Account” if on an iPhone.
- You will be signed out of the app thus you’ve just deleted your Cash App account on your mobile app.
- A confirmation link will be sent to your Cash App registered mobile number or email address to inform you of your actions.
You could delete the app from your device now if you want to. Just to clarify things, deleting the app without deleting your account first is a total waste of time and won’t delete your Cash App account. Thus you’ve got to delete/unlink the account first, then delete the app.
Furthermore, it’s not really possible to delete your Cash App account’s history. On the good side, no one apart from you have access to that data except someone else is logged in to your account. If you insist on deleting your Cash App account’s history, contact Cash App’s support/help team.