How to Close A Yahoo Mail Account – It’s not really news that Yahoo has been one of the best online mail services of the decade but the constant attacks on it are something for users to worry about. Yahoo has been hit on different occasions thereby losing lots of user information to hackers.
Although improvements were put in place to make sure this kind of data breach and loss doesn’t occur again, there is no full certainty it won’t. There is also the probability it will occur and we (users) might be informed late about it or worse never be informed about it.
There are a lot of reasons why anyone would want to close a Yahoo mail account and this guide will show you how to. How to close a yahoo mail account is as straightforward as opening one.
What Happens When You Close Your Yahoo Mail Account?
After learning how to close a yahoo mail account and you take up the decision to close yours, you might also need to know what will happen. When you close your Yahoo mail account, you cut all ties you have with Yahoo.
By closing your Yahoo account, you delete all your details and information Yahoo has of you. Immediately you follow the steps below and give the order, you will be deprived of all Yahoo and related services like Flick and Yahoo messenger.
So ensure to download all your data linked to your Yahoo mail account before you close it.
How to Download Your Data From Yahoo
Visit your Yahoo mail account and follow the steps below;
- Visit the “Settings” tab and navigate to “Download a summary of your data” section.
- Tap on “Request a Download” and proceed to select the data you want to include in your download.
- Click on “Next”.
- Fill in an Email address you’d like to get notified from when the download is complete.
- Finally, click on “Request Download”.
Do note that the download process can take up to 30 days to get completed and once it’s done, you will be notified via the email you filled in.
- Once you’ve been notified via your email about the download completion, visit the Privacy dashboard.
- Select “Yahoo” from the list of products on Verizon’s page.
- Sign in to your account and go to the “Download a summary of your data” section.
- Tap on “Your Download Requests”> “Download”.
How to Close Your Yahoo Account
- Navigate to the Yahoo account termination page.
- Sign in to your account by filling in your Yahoo email address and password.
- Review the policies involved with closing your Yahoo account and click on “Continue Delete My Account”.
- You would be given one last chance to reconsider your decision. If you’ve made up your mind hit “Yes, Terminate this Account”.
- Click on “Got It” to end the process.
Although you’ve been given a chance to reconsider your actions, you could reactivate your Yahoo account if you sign in within 30 days after you’ve closed it.
Unable to Delete Yahoo Account
You might not be able to delete your Yahoo account if you still have some subscriptions on your Yahoo account. Before you take these steps, delete or cancel all subscriptions, plans and packages on your Yahoo mail account.