How to Close a WhatsApp Group – WhatsApp is indeed one of the best instant messaging apps. its features are unlike any other instant messaging app, making it widely acceptable among users worldwide.
Almost every smartphone has a WhatsApp messaging network as a default app. From Android to IOS, all smartphones have WhatsApp preinstalled in them.
Don’t like WhatsApp, Check this out: WhatsApp Best Alternatives – Top Ten
One of the reasons WhatsApp is widely accepted is because of its simplicity and quality of the services it offers. It sends messages quickly and functions well under a poor internet connection to an extent.
It has a “Mark Read” feature that allows you to know when your messages have been sent, received, and read. Not to talk of the quality of calls whether video or voice you can make while using it.
What is a WhatsApp Group?
Like the essence of any group, a group on WhatsApp is filled with users with common aims and interests. Anyone could create a group on WhatsApp quickly and easily. It doesn’t have any hard process attached to it.
A WhatsApp group can accommodate up to 256 WhatsApp users. That is quite a number.
Creating a WhatsApp Group
Once you open the WhatsApp app on your device, locate and click on the three dots icon. A new menu will pop-up, select “New Group”.
Now add the participants of the group, remember it can’t be more than 256 unless you plan on pulling some special tricks. Name the Group, specify the Group’s info, add a profile picture, and finish all other settings you might need to do.
Your WhatsApp group is now set. Being the person whose WhatsApp account created the group, you will automatically be the group’s admin.
Think Someone is Hiding Something on their WhatsApp; How to See Other People WhatsApp Messages
How to Close a WhatsApp Group
Closing a WhatsApp Group means deleting it. As a member of a WhatsApp group, you can only exit and delete the group from your WhatsApp chat page.
How to Close a WhatsApp Group – Member
- Navigate to the WhatsApp group you want to close and open it.
- Tap on the bar at the top of the group’s chat page.
- Scroll down and tap on “Exit Group”.
- If a prompts pops-up select “Exit” again.
- On that same page, tap on “Delete Group” and then select “Delete” from the next pop-up menu.
Note: If you do not want the Group’s media contents deleted from your phone, uncheck the “Delete Media From My Phone” box.
If you just exited the group without deleting it, you won’t be a member of the group anymore but you’d be able to see the Group’s icon on your chats page. Also, you would still have access to the group’s conversation history.
How to Close a WhatsApp Group – Admin/Creator
As an admin or creator of a WhatsApp group, you can permanently delete the WhatsApp like erasing it from existence. If you follow the above steps, it would just function the same way as it would for members of the group although you are an admin in the group.
Immediately you exit the group, the admin role randomly switches to a group member. There is a different process to permanently deleting WhatsApp groups as an admin;
- Open the WhatsApp group you wish to delete.
- Tap on the bar at the top.
- Now you have to remove all members from the group. Hold your press on a member’s name and select “Remove” from the pop-up menu. Do these for all members of the group till you remove all.
- Once you finish escorting everyone out of the WhatsApp group, it’s time to leave. Scroll down and tap on “Exit Group”. A prompt pops-up? select “Exit”.
- Next, tap on “Delete Group” and if there’s a prompt, select “Delete”.
You Might Also Like
List of Best Video Calling Apps For Android