YouTube has now made it possible for content creators to change their channel’s name without having to change the same associated with their Google account. You can now easily change your YouTube channel’s name without worrying about the name you used in your Google account.
Let’s show you how you can quickly and easily change your name on YouTube channel
Change your YouTube channel name
YouTube made it known that the ability to easily change a YouTube channel was a top request from content creators. However, it’s important that you know that once you change your name, you will also lose your verification badge when you change the account. But not to worry much, you can reapply for it.
This changing is available for both desktop and mobile device, so let’s do the run down process
To change your channel’s name on desktop, kindly follow the steps below.
- Open the YouTube channel on your desktop
- Move to the ‘customization’ section and click on ‘Basic info’ tab
- Enter your new name for your YouTube channel account and click publish to save changes
For Mobile Device
To change your channel’s name through your mobile phone either android or iOS, kindly follow this steps below.
- Click on your tube app to open
- Click on your profile picture at the top right
- Next. Tab on ‘Your channel’
- On the channel’s page, tab on ‘Edit channel’ and then enter the new name you want to use and after which click ‘Ok’ to save changes
This is simply the few steps to change your YouTube channel’s name without changing Google account name..