Facebook Story Settings – Control who share your story with and change your Facebook story settings at any time.
How To Change Your Facebook Story Privacy Settings
Start by creating or adding a photo or video to share to your story, thereafter click “Next”
Click the upside-down triangle icon below your story, and thereafter choose your audience.
For Public: Here, your Facebook friends, followers and people you’ve chatted with on Messenger will see your stories. Anyone who follows you can see your story, but only people you’re friends with can reply.
Friends & Connections: Your Facebook friends and Messenger connections will see your stories.
Friends: Here only your Facebook friends will see your story on Facebook and the Messenger app. Your Messenger connections will not see your story.
Custom: Here, you choose specific people who can see your stories.
Then click on “Change”.
How To Hide Your Facebook Story From Specific People
- Start by opening the Facebook app for iOS or Android
- Add a photo or video to share to your story
- Click the wheel icon Privacy at the bottom left.
- Beneath “Who can see your story? Click to choose “Friends and connections or Friends.
- Click “Hide Story From>
- Then Click to choose the people you’d like to hide your story from, thereafter click on “Done”.
- If someone has been placed on your restricted list, they won’t have access to your story.
How To Change Your Audience For Something You’ve Already Shared To Your Story
To change your story privacy settings, after you’ve shared your story;
- At the top of your News Feed, click on “Your Story”
- Click at the top right
- Choose “Edit Story Settings”
- Then click on “Story Privacy”
- Click to select the audience you’d like to share your story with, and thereafter click “Change the”.
How To Reply or React to Someone’s Story on Facebook
- To reply or react to someone’s story on Facebook;
- At the top of the News Feed, click a story you’d like to view.
- To reply, click “Reply”… at the rear of the story. To send a reaction, click an emoji.
Note, Replies and reactions to someone’s story can only be seen by the story’s owner and the person replying. The story owner gets a preview of their story along with your reply.
Facebook story settings helps you restrict who and who sees what on your Facebook story to help you safeguard your account.