Have you ever wondered how you can set up security on Facebook? This article titled Facebook security setting carries one of the major information you need to know before you can set up your security on Facebook.
If you are worried about your Facebook privacy such as who has access to your account and who sees your posts then you have to read this article to the end. After reading this article you would be filled with the right information you need to have before you can set up your privacy.
The Facebook privacy setting can easily be accessed if you already have a Facebook account. You should know that before you can set up security on Facebook, you must first own an active account.
How to sign up for a Facebook account
This is really my best part in every of these articles because it is the simplest but necessary part of anything you want to do on Facebook. Now signing up for a Facebook account is free as it has no costs but you might want to have a good data connection as you need it to connect to the Facebook servers.
To sign up for a Facebook account,
- Advance to the Facebook login page located at www.facebook.com.
- Now, if you use a mobile device kindly click the sign up link located at the bottom of the page.
- If you use a PC scroll down and the sign up form would be visible to you. Fill the form with some of your personal details to proceed. This may include your date of birth and all others.
- Click sign up again to proceed.
- Now verify you are the owner or you have access to the mobile number or email address you filled in earlier by following the on-screen instructions.
- Navigate through the rest of the Facebook steps to give Facebook an idea to fill your news feed with.
After completing the sign up, you can advance the security page to customize your privacy.
How to log in to your old Facebook account for customization
This process is very necessary for those who already have an account before. To log in to your old account,
- Go to the Facebook login page at www.facebook.com.
- Fill in your old account login details and hit “sign in”.
Wait a few seconds for your information to be accessed and processed. If it was accepted, you would be logged in to your old Facebook account.
How to access the Facebook settings page and make changes
To access the Facebook settings page is very easy. If you use Facebook lite, hit the three vertical lines on the top navigation. Scroll down to settings and click it. For mobile device users, scroll down to the extreme bottom of the page and you would find the settings link. For PC users on the web, click the downward arrow and select settings from the new menu.
- If you followed the above process correctly for your device you would be on the Facebook general settings page.
- Click on “security and log in” to progress to the security page.
- On the security page, you can change your Facebook password, friends to contact if you are locked and others. To make any changes, click the edit button beside the feature you want to edit.
There are many more things you can change on your Facebook account ton the facebook settings page.