Facebook Marketplace Rules like any other commercial hub are policies that govern those who buy and sell on its platform. If you desire to sell products as well as buy products from Facebook Marketplace, these rules are things you must adhere to, to avoid Facebook blocking your access to the Marketplace portal.
Let’s take a look at these rules to be properly guided.
Facebook Marketplace Rules and What You Must Know
To use Marketplace you must ensure you adhere to the following instructions;
- You must not be new to Facebook. What this implies is, accounts that have been recently created can’t use Facebook Marketplace. This is to ensure that people are protected from scam. Thus if you recently created an account, you are to check back later to see if you have been granted access. For the meantime, you can still use buy and sell groups.
- To use Marketplace, you must be in a location where Marketplace is available. If you live in or have recently moved to a location where Marketplace is not available, you won’t be able to use Marketplace.
- You should be over the age of 18 years.
- You are to use Facebook in one of the languages approved for users. The list of languages for now are;
Afrikaans, Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French and French Canadian, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian (Bahasa), Italian, Malay, Norwegian, Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish.
What Kind Of Items Can be Sold On Facebook?
All items displayed for sale on Facebook, must follow Facebook Commerce Policies. These Commerce policies apply to, Marketplace, Buy and Sell groups, Page shops and Instagram shopping.
These are some of the things that can’t be sold on Facebook;
- Non physical products.
- Services or events tickets. Service or events tickets can only be sold on Marketplace with Facebook’s written permission.
- Photos of items displayed, must match the description and the title of the listing.
- Animals can’t be sold on Marketplace or buy and sell groups. This also includes posting about animals for adoption. Note, you can create a News Feed post or an ad about the sale of an animal.
- You can’t sell Healthcare-related items on Marketplace. Example of some of the health care related items are; thermometers, First aid kits etc.
- Items on Facebook should not show a before and after picture.
Why Can’t I Access Marketplace?
If the Marketplace link does not work for you, it may be that Marketplace is not available to you right now.
Facebook Marketplace Rules | Tips On How to Stay Safe On Marketplace
Thefollowingtips are offered to help you stay safe on Marketplace.
- Protect your privacy by keeping your financial information from buyers and sellers. If you are offering an electronic for sale, ensure you clear any personal information from the device.
- Meet in a safe location to buy or sell items.
- Verify the item you are buying in person, to ensure it’s what you want, before you pay for it.
- It is advised you make use of cash or person-to-person payment methods.
- Don’t sell recalled items.
- Be on the look out for counterfeit items.
- Take precaution, when buying or selling cars.
Facebook Marketplace, can take you to the next step in your business adventure once you adhere to the rules and stick to policies as you transact your day to day business.