Delete My Facebook Account Now – Are you getting overwhelmed with all the drama that social media brings and want to delete my Facebook account?
If you feel this way, you are not the only one in this situation, I have been there several times and feel like just going off the Facebook platform in order to keep sane.
Delete My Facebook Account Now
When you delete your Facebook account, you are waving goodbye to Facebook and all that it offers. Understand also that you will be losing all your personal effects on the platform like your photos and every other account that you have that is linked to Facebook like Instagram.
Even though Facebook gives you an open window of 90 days to reconsider your action. Once that time has elapsed and you click on the delete Facebook button, you’ll be waving goodbye to the Facebook platform.
Deactivating Your Facebook Account
Deactivating your Facebook account is temporary action, pending when you make up your mind on when to come back to the social media platform.
When you deactivate your account, it stays inactive until such a time when you are ready come back to Facebook again. This means that all that you have on your page can still be recovered when you are ready to activate your account.
If you would rather take this step, instead of deleting your account, I will be taking you through some few simple steps that can help you deactivate your account with ease.
How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account
If you want to take the non permanent route, which is deactivating your account these are the steps you have to follow:
• Click open the Facebook app, and log into your account.
• Tap on the account menu down arrow at top right of the Facebook page in your web browser.
• Choose ‘Settings’.
• Select ‘General’ in the left column
• Tap on ‘Manage your account’.
• Then tap on the ‘Deactivate your account’, and thereafter confirm your decision.
Whenever you decide to come back to the Facebook platform, you can reactivate your account by logging into Facebook and all your profile will be restored.
If you still want to go ahead with deleting your account, you can save the data you have on Facebook to your archive before you delete your account. Here is how to do it:
To Save Your Data From Facebook
To save your data:
• Log into your account (Facebook’s help page on how to delete your account).
• Tap on the account menu downward arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser.
• Thereafter, tap on the “Download a copy of your Facebook data” at the rear of your General Account Settings.
• Select “Start my Archive”.
Once you take the above mentioned steps, your data will be safely saved to your archive for when you need them.
Delete My Facebook Account
When you delete your Facebook account, you’ll be taking a very serious step, which will really impact your social life, so we advise you think it through before you go ahead with it.
To Delete Your Account:
• Go to your Settings page, or click on the arrow icon at the top right corner to get to your settings from there.
• On the left, you will see a list of Settings. Tap on Your Facebook Information >Delete Your Account and Information.
• On the page that is displayed, you will be given suggestions for deactivating your account or downloading your information. Since you are not interested in any of these options, tap on Delete Account.
• You will be quizzed by Facebook for your password. Enter your password and click on Continue.
After your account has been successfully deleted, you can be rest assured that you are done with everything Facebook and can actually have your peace and space like you desire.