Canadian Trucking Companies Hiring Foreign Drivers – Canadian trucking companies are always seeking good drivers for their company. This article has listed some of the best trucking companies that hire foreign drivers in Canada and their contact details.
What Is A Canadian Trucking Company?
A Canadian trucking company is a company that employs drivers to operate trucks on behalf of the company. The drivers are typically responsible for transporting goods or materials from one location to another. Canadian trucking companies often hire foreign drivers to operate their trucks. This is because foreign drivers typically have more experience operating trucks than Canadian drivers.
SEE: 7 Trucking Companies That Sponsor Immigrants
Foreign drivers also typically have a better understanding of the rules and regulations governing the operation of trucks in Canada. Just like with any other industry, there are good and bad trucking companies out there. If you are looking to take the first steps towards a career in truck driving, you want to make sure that the company you sign up with is ethical and will treat you well. This will not only make your job easier, but it will be safer as well.
What’s The Average Salary For A Truck Driver?. As with any other industry, there is a sizable range of salaries for truck drivers. In general, however, the average salary for a truck driver is between $40,000 and $45,000 per year. Those who have been working as truck drivers for several years can earn significantly more than this.
Types of Companies That Hire Foreign Drivers
There are many different types of companies that hire foreign drivers in Canada. Some of these companies are small, family-run businesses, while others are large, multinational corporations. Here is a list of some of the most common types of companies that hire foreign drivers:
SEE: Truck Driver Jobs in Europe with Visa Sponsorship
1. Trucking Companies: Trucking companies are the most common type of company that hires foreign drivers in Canada. These companies usually have their own fleet of trucks and trailers, and they hire drivers to operate them.
2. Courier Companies: Courier companies are another type of company that hires foreign drivers in Canada. These companies usually have a smaller fleet of vehicles, and they hire drivers to deliver packages and other items.
3. Bus Companies: Bus companies are another type of company that hires foreign drivers in Canada. These companies usually have their own fleet of buses, and they hire drivers to operate them.
4. Taxi Companies: Taxi companies are another type of company that hires foreign drivers in Canada. These companies usually have their own fleet of taxis, and they hire drivers to operate them.
5. Car Rental Companies: Car rental companies are another type of company that hires foreign drivers in Canada. These companies usually have their own fleet of cars, and they hire drivers to operate them.
6. Airport Shuttle Companies: Airport shuttle companies are another type of company that hires foreign drivers in Canada. These companies usually have a small fleet of vehicles, and they hire drivers to provide transportation service to passengers at airports or other locations.
7. Other: Other types of companies that you can work for include school bus companies, airport limousine services (Airport Limo Service), sightseeing tour operators (City Sightseeing), private limousine services (Limousine Service Company), car dealerships, boat dealerships, airplane dealerships and boat dealerships (Boat Dealer).
SEE: Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With Visa sponsorship
8. Company Size: While you can get a job with a company of any size, it is best to work with a smaller company. This is because small companies are often in need of drivers and they are more flexible when it comes to your working hours and weekend shifts. They also tend to treat their foreign workers better than larger companies do.9. Salary: Although most foreign truck driving jobs pay well, it is still best to check the salary before you accept a particular job offer.
If you want to apply for a job as truck driver in Canada, there are certain things that you should know and prepare before making your way over there. You should have an idea of what kind of jobs are likely to be available in your area, how much you will get paid and what kinds of things you are going to need to do once the job starts. You should also know about the laws and regulations that affect truck drivers in Canada.
Pros and Cons of Foreign Drivers
There are many trucking companies in Canada that hire foreign drivers. Some companies feel that foreign drivers are more reliable and hardworking than Canadian drivers. Other companies believe that hiring foreign drivers is a safety risk. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of hiring foreign drivers.
SEE: Truck Driver Jobs In USA With Visa Sponsorship
-Foreign drivers often have more experience driving long distances than Canadian drivers.
-They are often willing to work longer hours for less pay.
-Many foreign drivers are very familiar with the routes they will be driving, which can be an asset to a company.
-Hiring foreign drivers can be a safety risk, as they may not be familiar with Canadian road conditions and traffic laws.
-Foreign drivers may not have the same level of English language proficiency as Canadian drivers, which can make communication difficult.
-Companies may have to deal with additional paperwork when hiring foreign drivers.
Requirements for Employment With A Canadian Trucking Company
There are a few requirements that you’ll need to meet in order to be employed by a Canadian trucking company. First, you must have a valid driver’s license from your home country. You’ll also need to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) from a Canadian province or territory.
SEE: Unskilled Jobs With Visa Sponsorship in Canada Available
Once you have your CDL, you’ll need to obtain a medical certificate from a licensed physician. Lastly, you’ll need to pass a criminal background check. If you meet all of these requirements, you should be able to find employment with a Canadian trucking company.