Best Online MBA Programs – There are plenty of online MBA programs that you can take online and find a program that aligns with your interests.
Prioritize the things you want most out of a business degree, define your short-term and long-term career goals, and be disciplined about learning about MBA programs one by one before making a decision.
What is an MBA Program?
An MBA, or masters of business administration, is a graduate degree in business. It’s an intense full-time program that takes 3 to 4 years to complete. You’ll learn about finance, marketing, accounting, and organizational management.
Selecting the Best Online MBA Program
To choose the best online MBA program, you’ll need to consider your career goals and priorities.
Some factors you may want to consider include:
-Capacity: Do you want a full-time or part-time program?
-Location: Are you geographically flexible? Which countries are available for study?
-Program Length: How long is the program? When do you need to start?
-Curriculum: What will you be learning in the program? Does it align with your career goals?
-Costs: How much will the cost of the program be? Is there a scholarship or discounted rate available for students with financial hardships?
– intensity of coursework: Do you prefer more lectures or hands-on experience? Will the coursework be challenging enough for you?
READ MORE: One Year Online Mba – Apply Now
Which are the Best Online MBA Programs?
The best online MBA programs are typically those that offer full-time, in-person courses and provide access to resources, such as libraries and conference rooms, that allow students to interact with professors and fellow classmates.
Some of the most well-known online MBA programs include
- Columbia Business School’s Executive MBA program,
- MIT Sloan’s Management Department’s Online MBA program,
- Emory University’s Owen Graduate School of Management Online MBA program,
- Wharton’s Executive Education Masters in Business Administration online program.
Each of these programs has its own unique strengths and attractions, but all provide rigorous coursework combined with opportunities for hands-on experience PROFESSORS:
Columbia Business School offers faculty who have extensive industry experience.
MIT Sloan Management Department has a reputation for providing challenging courses.
the Emory University Owen Graduate School of Management offers an innovative learning environment that pairs face time with virtual interaction.
Wharton’s Executive Education Masters in Business Administration is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
Many schools offer flexible scheduling options that allow students to manage work and family responsibilities.
READ MORE: Affordable Online Mba – Apply Now
Types of online MBA programs out there
There are a lot of good online MBA programs out there. Here are 8 top ones:
1. Manhattan Business School (MBS) – MBS is one of the oldest and most prestigious MBA programs in the country.
They have locations all over the world, so you can find one that’s closest to you. They offer a hybrid online/in-person program that gives you the best of both worlds.
2. Duke University Fuqua School of Business – If you want an online MBA that’s oriented toward executive education and customizing your own program, then Fuqua is the school for you. Their bonuses for returning students ranked first in 2018!
3. Stern School of Business at New York University (NYU S Stern) – NYU S Stern has a great reputation for providing top-tier education at an affordable price point. They have an online only option as well as an in-person option available worldwide.
4. Northwestern Kellogg School of Management – Northwestern Kellogg offers both an online and in-person MBA program and ranks number one for undergraduate business programs in the U.S.. They also offer scholarships for their online program!
5 Georgetown Wharton Business School (GWSB) – GW SB is located in DC and is one of the most popular business schools in the country. They offer both an online and in-person MBA program, and their flexible curriculum allows you to customize your degree exactly how you want it.
6. University of Pennsylvania Wharton School – Penn Wharton is another top-rated business school, and they have an online only option available as well as a hybrid in-person/online program.
7. United Kingdom’s Harvard Business School (HBS) – HBS is one of the most prestigious MBA programs in the world, and their online program is no exception. They have a very flexible curriculum that allows you to customize your learning experience to fit your goals.
8. EMBA@ IE Business School – IE Business School offers an online MBA with a focus on digital marketing. They have some of the best faculty in the world and are known for providing top-tier education at an affordable price point.
Criteria to Consider When Searching for the Best Program
When searching for the best online MBA program, you will want to consider a number of factors: the educational quality of the program, the location of the program, the cost, and career opportunities after completing the program.
The educational quality of an online MBA program is typically better than that of a traditional MBA program. Therefore, if you are looking for a high-quality education, an online MBA may be a good option for you.
If you want to live in a specific city or country after completing your online MBA program, be sure to consider the location of the program before signing up.
Many online MBA programs offer flexible study options so that you can stay in your home country or city. However, some programs require students to relocate to another country or city.
The cost of an online MBA is often less than that of a traditional MBA program. Many online universities offer scholarships and other financial assistance which can lower the cost of attendance substantially.
Also, many online MBA programs are delivered over multiple semesters which means that you will incur relatively low tuition costs each semester.
Career Opportunities After Completing Your Online MBA
After completing an online MBA from a reputable university, you will have received top-level education and invaluable skillset which will help you pursue successful careers in business and consulting.
Many successful professionals completed their undergraduate and/or graduate degrees from respected institutions such as Harvard Business School
Pros and Cons of an MBA
An MBA is an earned academic degree typically attained after a four-year program of study at a graduate school.
The benefits of an MBA are substantial, including better salaries and career prospects. However, there are also some cons to consider before pursuing an MBA.
The biggest pro of an MBA is that it can significantly improve your salary and career prospects.
According to the 2016 report “The State of EMBA Recruiting,” MBAs held by employers command salaries 41% higher than those with only a bachelor’s degree, and the median pay for an MBA holder is $160,000 more than the median pay for someone without one.
Furthermore, according to Indeed.com, 95% of jobs in management roles require at least an undergraduate degree, but only 60% require an MBA.
Thus, if you are not sure if you have what it takes to pursue a management-focused degree such as an MBA, working out which level of education will give you the best chance of success is wise investment in your future.
However, many prospective students also fear that pursuing an MBA may be too time-consuming and demanding.
According to Forbes magazine, “the average amount of time spent in full-time training for a MS or PhD program is about five years…but required schooling for most (if not all) accredited business programs tops eight years.
” Thus, while the rewards may be considerable, so may be the commitment required to reap them.
Another downside to pursing an MBA is that it can be very demanding. Many graduate programs require full-time attendance and a high level of commitment. For some, this may not be feasible.
Finally, an MBA does not guarantee successful career placement after graduation.
As you begin your search for the best online MBA program for your career, it is important to do your research and find a program that meets your specific needs.
To help you with your decision-making process, we have compiled a list of some of the Top Online MBA Programs in the world.
Each of these programs has been reviewed by our team and includes information on tuition rates, degree requirements, job placement statistics, and more.
Use this information to help you make an informed decision about which online MBA program would be best for you.