WhatsApp status feature allows users to know what’s happening in others’ lives, the type of content they are sharing, and more. While checking the status of a WhatsApp user is quite a simple process, you must know that the person who has published the status will know who has seen it.
There are times when you might want to check somebody’s WhatsApp status without them knowing. The good news is that it is possible to view the status of the WhatsApp users and they will not know you watched it.
View Someone’s WhatsApp Status Without Them Knowing
The following steps below will guide you through seeing someone WhatsApp status without them knowing
Turn Off The Read Receipts
The easiest possible way to watch someone’s status without notifying them about the same is by turning off the read receipts. However, once this option is turned off, nobody will know whether or not you read the texts. That’s because the read receipts are also for the blue ticks that show the users that you have read their messages. If that doesn’t concern you, then turning off the read receipts is a perfect way to watch the story of your Whatsapp contacts without notifying them
- Open the Whatsapp app.
- Head to settings, account, and privacy.
- Scroll down a little and disable the read receipt button.
- There you go! View the status of any contact and do not turn on the read receipts until the status has expired.
Some statuses are automatically downloaded on your Whatsapp even before you click to watch it. These photos and videos are saved in your file manager and they can be viewers from the .statuses folder. Here’s how to use this feature:
- Open your Whatsapp and head to the status section.
- Do not open the status of the user as it will notify them.
- Download File Manager on your mobile
- Tap Internal storage in the file manager, Whatsapp, media, and then status.
- Choose the status you’d like to copy to another location.
- Since you have not watched the status on Whatsapp, the user will not be notified about you viewing their stories.
View it in Offline Mode
This is another easy option for those who want to view the status posted by their contact without notifying them. However, this method might sync the information with the server as soon as you connect to the internet. So, the person will be able to track whether or not you have viewed their story once you reconnect.
- Turn on the incognito mode and open Whatsapp on the browser.
- Check out the status section to get a full list of the contacts that have shared the status with you.
- Disable the internet connection.
- View the status of the user you’d like to view.
- Clear your browser cache after watching the story and then turn on your internet.
- Your activity will be deleted from the computer and the servers.