Facebook dating not available simply interprets that the dating feature on Facebook is not showing on your Facebook app. Given you are certified for it (18 Years or Older), everyone would want to try out the dating tab on Facebook, but might get frustrated when they realize it’s not available.
Why is Facebook Dating Not available and what do you do when you find yourself in this situation. There are but a few reasons why this will happen to you, so sit tight while we shed some light on them.
Why Facebook Dating Is Not Available?
To access the Facebook dating feature or app, you need a Facebook account and a good internet connection. The Facebook dating app is found in the hamburger menu (ellipsis) in the Facebook app tagged as “Dating”.
If you followed the process above to find the dating feature on Facebook and still can’t, there are mainly two reasons for this. It’s either you can’t use the Facebook dating feature more like you are barred from using it or there is a problem with your Facebook app.
Possible Reasons Why You are Barred From Using Facebook Dating
- You are not up to 18 years. In this case, there is nothing you can do than to wait till you are 18.
- Facebook dating is not available in your region yet.
A problem with your Facebook app could mean a faulty Facebook app or an out-dated Facebook app. either way, there is always a fix and they are just below.
How to Fix Facebook Dating Not Available
These few tips should get Facebook dating available for you and in cases where it can’t would guide you on what to do.
- Make sure you are 18 or above before trying to find the Facebook dating tab.
- Update Your Facebook app. Facebook new features always comes with its latest version of it app.
- Make sure your device internet connection is good. Also ensure you are not connected to any VPN service. A VPN service will change your device location and Facebook dating might not be available in that region yet.
- Delete and Re-install the Facebook app.
- Run a quick clean-up on your device.
- Clear its storage space by deleting useless apps & media contents.
- Clear background apps to reduce the work on the RAM. Then Restart your device and try again
After all trying out these tips, it is very much possible that Facebook dating won’t still show up. In this case, Facebook dating is clearly not available in your region yet.
Facebook Dating Availability
Facebook dating has only been released in the U.S and 19 other countries namely; Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, The Philippines, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, Uruguay and Vietnam.
Facebook dating launch still has a very long way to go and soon it would reach every corner of the world. The only fix to this is restraint while you wait for Facebook to release the feature in your region.
While waiting you should try out other dating options on Facebook. Check out the guides below to do so.