Having multiple Facebook accounts or sharing your computer or Facebook app isn’t bad, what’s bad is not knowing how to switch Facebook accounts. This will stress you badly as you will have to log in and out every time you want to access a particular Facebook account.
Do note that it is against Facebook community standard to have multiple personal accounts.
With time, Facebook has been upgrading its interface to become easy to use hence navigating becomes stress-free. Thanks to Facebook updates and features, you can switch between profiles swiftly.
This feature has been available for quite some time now and has also been improved on the New Facebook. Hence, you could switch accounts while using classic or new Facebook. This article will guide you on how to switch accounts between Facebook accounts.
How to Switch Between Facebook Accounts
In this guide, I am going to be presuming you are already logged in to a Facebook account. This implies that you are on the Facebook news feed page.
- Look to the blue tab at the top of the Facebook news feed page. In-between “Notifications” and “Quick Help” icon, click on the switch account icon there.
- Click on “Add Account”. If you’ve previously added an account, just proceed to select the Facebook account you wish to log into.
- Enter your Facebook login details, email address, or mobile number and password.
- Check the “Remember password” box. This will save your password so you don’t need to input it next time.
- Click on the “Account” button next to the “Notifications” icon.
- From the list of options provided, select “Switch Accounts”.
- Next, tap on “Log into Another Account”.
- On the next page, fill in your Facebook login details, email address, or mobile number and password.
- Check the “Remember Password Box” if you want to save your password.
- Proceed to click on the “Switch Accounts” button. You would see all accounts logged in to your device through this process
You’ve just switched in between Facebook accounts. The next time you try switching, you won’t need all these steps. Immediately you click on the account switcher icon, all Facebook accounts logged in through that process will appear, click on any one to log in to it.
Deleting Facebook Account Login Details
You could also delete any account you do not want in your account options anymore. Once you get to the page where you are to choose an account to log into, click on the “X” sign close to the account’s profile picture that you wish to delete. This will delete the account’s login details from your device.
It’s the same process as classic Facebook, just sounds and looks simpler. Navigate to the “Switch Accounts” page where you will find all Facebook accounts linked to your device, click on the “X” sign next to the account’s name.
The process with switching between Facebook accounts is to link multiple accounts to a particular device consequently your device will save the login details of the multiple accounts linked to it.
Once you’ve linked it, you just need to click on the account’s icon or profile picture in the switch account page to log in to another account.