Facebook Login – Everything based on the web has a kind of security system protecting it hence the need for a login process to prove that a person has authorized access. Facebook is a social networking site with lots of accounts, pages, and profiles that contain different personal information and data.
Without a login process, there is no guarantee of security and privacy. Anyone could access any Facebook account easily and that would be disastrous because most users have everything about their life on Facebook.
Over the years, Facebook has worked on its login procedures to ensure an improved and more secure system. This way there won’t be so many hacked accounts on its social network.
Before you log in to a Facebook account, you must have created one.
Facebook Sign Up – Create Account On Facebook
- Open your web browser and type in www.facebook.com.
- On the next page, just below the login section at the top look down and proceed to fill your details.
- Start with your Names and provide a valid email address and mobile number. Note that the contact information you provided will be your login credentials and your account recovery option.
- Type in a Password.
- Specify your date of birth, your Gender and click on “Sign Up”.
Very simple, you just created a Facebook account.
How to Login to Your Facebook Account
This is the part where I would advise you to download the Facebook app. You could either download the regular Facebook app or the Facebook lite app.
Via Mobile App
- Open the Facebook app.
- Fill in your login credentials. Email address or mobile number on the first tab.
- Then proceed to input your account password, then click on log in.
Via Desktop Site
- Navigate to the Facebook website (www.facebook.com) via your device’s web browser.
- At the top right corner, locate the login section.
- Input your email address or mobile number used in the account’s creation.
- Next, type the account’s password and click on log in.
This is one process I usually go through a lot, forgetting my Facebook account password is becoming quite a tradition with me. Not to worry, Facebook also developed a process for account recovery.
- Navigate to the login page via Facebook mobile app or desktop site.
- Click on “Forgot Password” or “Forgot Account” below the password tab.
- Facebook redirects you to a new page where you will fill in any of your contact information, email address, or mobile number.
- Once you do this, a verification code will be sent to the contact address you filled. Retrieve it and fill it into the verification box.
- Set up a new password and login to your account.
If this process won’t work for you, navigate to Facebook find your account page. Here you will be asked to fill in certain information about your account. Below the character box, specify the information you have an idea about your Facebook account.
This time, try Username. Immediately you type your Facebook username into the character box and click on “Find Account”, Facebook will direct you to a page where you will see all active accounts bearing that name.
Once you find yours, click on it and select the contact address (phone number) attached to that account. The contact address won’t be fully visible but will be visible enough for you to be able to make your decision.
From here, you will have to stick to Facebook’s simple prompt to complete the process and retrieve your account.