Outlook Password Reset is easy and can be done in minutes. If you have forgotten your password you use to log in on services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live, you might need to reset it.
What is Microsoft Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook is an email which enables you connect to an outside POP3 or IMAP email host to send and receive email. Once you change the password on the email host, you must also reset the password in the Outlook client to match. If your passwords do not match, the client will return an error every time the user attempts to send and receive mail in Outlook. Users can reset their password straight from Outlook’s account.
Outlook Password Reset Benefits
Resetting your password on Outlook safeguards your account from hackingand gives you an exclusive right to your account. With this, your account stays safe and keeps your account from being compromised by hackers.
Outlook Password Reset Steps
- Visit “Recover your account” and type in the email address, phone number, or Skype name that needs a password reset. Choose “Next”.
- You’ll be asked where you’d like to get your security code. Select one of the alternate contact email addresses or phone numbers on this account. Thereafter choose “Next”.
- Key in the missing information to verify that it’s really your email address or phone number. Thereafter, choose the “Send code”
- You’ll be sent the security code to the alternate contact you choose. If you don’t see it, then check your junk folder. If you can’t find it there, you can choose a different verification option.
- Provide the security code into the “Verify your identity” field, and choose “Next”.
- Then, reset the password for your Microsoft account by typing it into “New Password”. Thereafter confirm it by typing it again into “Reenter password”.
On Windows 10
You can reset the password you use to sign in to your computer by doing the following. To do this;
- On the sign-in screen, key in your Microsoft account name if it’s not already displayed.
- If there are multiple accounts on the computer, select the one you want to reset.
- Choose “I forgot my password” beneath the password text box.
Reset your password today and keep your account safe on what’s most important to you.