Facebook Snooze | How to mute someone on Facebook –We all have this particular friend on Facebook that won’t just stop posting photos his/her beautiful face, puppy or that convertible they just acquired.
Anyways, it’s okay for them to post as much as they want, it’s a free world, right? But some of us might be busy and wouldn’t want this friend to keep popping up on our notification bar, so how do we really go about this without unfriending this person as that could hurt their feelings? Stay with me closely to the end up of this article.
How to Mute Someone on Facebook 2020
Talking about how to mute someone on Facebook, Facebook just introduced the snooze button, just like the one we have in our alarm clocks, so if this friend won’t stop posting, you could actually ‘snooze’ their alarm for the next 30 days.
The interesting part of this is that the person you snoozed doesn’t get to know, just you. So, while this pal keeps squawking, you could put your phone beside you and take a nap without being bothered.
This ‘Mute’ feature also works perfectly on groups and pages, and is as silent as a mouse, so, there technically no offended party on both ends. The idea behind this concept is to give Facebook users more control over their news feed, what they see when they see it and manage the time they spend on Facebook effectively.
How to Mute Someone on Facebook
So the big question here is “how do I mute someone on Facebook? “. I shall be highlighting the necessary steps to be followed in order to mute someone on Facebook right away. Let’s get into it then, shall we?
- First, ensure you have an active internet connection on your device to effectively connect to the Facebook server.
- Launch any of your preferred mobile browser ( I personally love Chrome )and log on to Facebook at facebook.com
- Enter your login details if you’re already login
- On your homepage, navigate to the person’s post you want to mute and click on the three-rounded dots at the right of the person’s post.
- Select the option that reads “ mute ***** for 30 days “ ( ***** here indicate the person or group you wish to mute )
After going through these steps, you won’t get notification from the person or group you muted for the specified period of time. This action is also very reversible as you can unmute the user at any time you so desire.