Facebook Restricted List – You must have come across someone or some people on Facebook you just don’t really like, the longer you’ve been using Facebook, the more that list keeps getting longer. Facebook is a social network with lots of people on it, making it one of the most visited social network in the world.
The fact that it’s social means that people share and communicate information to each other. You could find out all kinds of information about a person by just looking up their profiles on Facebook.
`Users post more than 300 million media contents on Facebook daily. Almost everyone correctly fills all tabs while editing their Facebook Bio and Profile and with features like Facebook live and Tagging, anyone could look you up on Facebook and get up to 50% information about you.
This publicizes your life and there are some people whom you don’t want knowing too much about your life and its activities especially on Facebook. Blocking them or Unfriending them shouldn’t really be an option to consider unless in desperate times, hence the Facebook restricted list.
What is a Facebook Restricted List?
By using this list, you restrict and manage the kind of information or activity a friend on Facebook can see about you. It doesn’t involve blocking, deleting or unfriending anyone on Facebook.
It’s just like giving someone a restraining order on Facebook, just that the person will be in the dark about the restraining order. Whoever you add to the Facebook restriction list won’t be able to view, like, comment, or share your posts on Facebook.
You’d be putting the person in the dark about your life on Facebook and he/she won’t have a clue about it.
How to Add Someone to Your Facebook Restricted List
- Sign in to Your Facebook account.
- Locate the Facebook Hamburger menu. If you are using the New Facebook, it’s by your left-hand side. For Classic Facebook, just click on the three horizontal lines at the upper right corner.
- Select Friends on the next page. Then choose the Friend you want to add to the restriction list.
- Proceed to the profile page of the person you want to add to the list. Then click on the Check marked Person Icon box just below the person’s or friend’s Facebook name.
- On the next list of options, select Add to Another List. Also, if you see Edit Friend List, do click on it.
- Next, select Restricted. From here, you can add the selected friend to your Facebook restricted list.
How to View Your Facebook Restricted List
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Tap on the Hamburger menu at the top right corner of your Facebook news feed page.
- Select Friends List or See More if you don’t see the former.
- Click on Restricted and on the next page, Manage List.
- Select Edit List and a list of friends you’ve restricted on Facebook will pop-up.
You could also remove anyone from the list by clicking on the X icon at the top of their profile picture. Click on Finish once you are done removing the friend(s) you want to from the Facebook restricted list. Thus they will have all privileges as any Facebook friend of yours would.
Related: Create Facebook Avatar