Facebook Forgotten Password- Different complains have been made by people on accessing their Facebook account, some of this issues are related to hacked account and forgotten password, but the most common problem is by the people using a hacked account, which prevents the original user from having access to his/her Facebook account, that is why you need to follow the following steps to resolve such issues, so there will be a guide on how to go about such a problem.
- Go to www.Facebook.com, then,
- Enter your Facebook username and password. If this information is correct and still you can’t access your account.
- Click on “forgot password” depending on your account creation (either through an electronic mail (E-mail) or with the use of your phone number).
- Enter the phone number or mail used in opening the account.
- If your contact has been edited (for hacked account only) change the phone number click/tap continue. Scroll down if it is a hacked account to get a guide.
- Click or tap on “forgot password”.
- A code will be sent to your phone number or mail to verify if you are the owner of the account.
- Enter the code and click on continue
- You will need to enter the old password and another box you will see “enter new password”. Enter the required info and finally,
- Your account is back.
Most hacking happens by changing the password of the account so that the original user cannot access it. The steps below will see you through a hacked account;
- Go to facebook click on “forgot password” on the page you see login
- Then Facebook will direct you to another page where you will enter your username, email address, or phone number
- Click on continue then a code will be sent to your selected recovery option.
- Click continue.
- Set your new password (try to use an alpha-numeric password which will improve your account security) and your account is back.
Facebook just introduced a service known as identity verification. With this feature you will be able to confirm your Identity by;
- Sending government-issued ID, a response will be gotten before 3 days
- Facebook will respond by sending an e-mail about recovery.
Test by logining in to your Facebook account again, this aspect isn’t that necessary you can ignore but for verification sake, it will cost you nothing to do it.
Now that your account is back, you can enjoy chatting, viewing post, and posting comments once again.
Hope this information was of relevance? For more updated info on how to go about your lost account, you can do justice to that account by just checking on our articles.