Western Union Tracking, helps you know the status of your Western Union Money Transfer. Once you can track your transfer, you’ll be able to keep tabs and know where your money is at every point in time. This will enable you to act swiftly if you feel something fishy is going on.
Tracking your transfer will help you get a timely response and support for your transfer if anything happens to go wrong with your transfer. Tracking your Western Union money is simple and can do without stress much to your amazement. We are going to be taking you through a detailed guide on how to do just that.
Anytime you transfer funds through Western Union, you are issued a receipt which contains a unique tracking number known as (MTCN). This is a 10 digit number assigned to every money transactions you make through Western Union.
About Western Union
Western Union, stands as an American financial service and communications company. This company has been in business for 165 years and offers an avenue where people can send money up to 200 countries in 130 currencies, with over 550,000 agent locations and 150,000 ATMs. This company, boasts of being the most trusted medium of sending money globally at a faster rate.
How to Send Money Via Western Union
Before we go into showing you how to track your Western Union transfer, let’s first show you how to send money via Western Union:
- Go to the Western Union site
- Click on the Estimate Price option
- Type in the amount you want to send, the country as well as the zip code of the city you are sending the funds to.
- Select any of the options on how you wish to send:
Send in Person
Send with Phone or Use Mobile App
- Select your payment method, be it Credit/Debit card or bank account.
- Follow through with the instructions on the screen and send your money.
Western Union Tracking Online
Tracking your Western Union money online is as simple as counting ABC. Follow these simple steps to have a guide:
- Go to the Western Union portal, be it for Nigeria or that of the international on their official website.
- Provide the required details in the appropriate fields provided in the online form. Include also, your unique tracking 10-digit number (MTCN).
- Once you are through with filling out the accurate details, simply tap on the option that reads “Track Transfer”. With this, the information you are looking for about your money transfer, will be displayed on your screen.
Western Union Tracking without MTCN
You can equally track your Western Union transfer without an MTCN. So if you can’t access your MTCN, and you want to track your transfer, use these simple steps:
- Visit the Western Union portal
- Enter the necessary details needed
- When you get to the “Track a Transfer” option, just select the option that reads “Don’t know the MTCN” instead. You’ll see another “Track a Transfer” menu displayed. From here, you’ll have the option of choosing between two options:
>Tracking with a phone number
>Tracking with a name
With each of these options, you’ll have spaces where you can provide information which includes the following:
Option 1 – Tracking with a phone number
- Sender’s phone number
- Receiver’s country
- Amount sent/received
Option 2 – Tracking with a name
- Sender’s first name
- Sender’s last name
- Recipient’s first name
- Recipient’s last name
- Recipient’s country
- Amount sent/received
After you have provided the accurate details, the details of your transactions or payment will pop up on your screen.
It is best to include the Date of Transfer in the fields provided at the bottom of the Track a Transfer page, if you want to get results regardless of any of the options you choose to use. Where the option is not available, simply click on the + sign near the add transfer date option provided.
According to Western Union, you cannot track the following on the page:
- Gift Cards
- Money Orders
- Online FX payments
- Prepaid Cards
How to Track Bill Payment with Western Union
To track your bill payment with Western Union:
- Visit the Track a Transfer page, and click on the Bill Payment button.
- Provide the sender’s country, phone number as well as the amount to track the payment.
- You’ll be prompted to provide the transfer data for better results.
Also, you can easily track your transfers with the company with the aid of their app, that is available for IOS and Android devices.
How to Track Your Western Union Money Orders
To track your money transfer via the customer care channel, you’ll have to contact the customer care team using the following steps:
- Start by calling 1-800-999-9660
- Provide the 11-digit number on your Money Order Receipt including the pound/hashtag sign #. The number is provided above the barcode.
- Enter the dollars and cents as well as the pound/hashtag sign.
- With these, you’ll receive the date the Money Order was cashed.
Tracking your Western Union money as earlier stated is one of the simplest things you can do. I am sure you now know the different methods and options you can take whenever you want to track your money via Western Union.